White Americans are suffering an identity crisis

“Clever clogs” is just an old British saying. Don’t worry, it’s complimentary. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well… I am sure we can learn a lot from our British friends still!:grinning::grinning:

Beowulf was our torture as Seniors.

It’s along the sentiment of “I told you so” but someone else is saying it for you, so you can gloat whilst still preserving your humbleness. :wink:

Beto (or whatever his real name is) epitomizes that model.

1 Like

He will just launch into a fairytale about how the Aussies would have repelled them. After all, look what the ANZAC troops accomplished at Galippoli. :wink:

Amen brother!

Mic drop moment!

No. No gloating. Now learning to be humble is part of the process in self improvement, so I will take that!

1 Like

Dostoevsky was ours. Not only is Crime and Punishment lengthy, several of its characters are referred to by several different names.

If it were up to me I would refer back to Thomas Jefferson’s views on immigration. Jefferson was all for immigration however he stressed that immigration must be managed.

In his Notes on the State of Virginia (1787), Jefferson reflects:

“Every species of government has its specific principles. Ours perhaps are more peculiar than those of any other in the universe. It is a composition of the freest principles of the English Constitution, with others derived from natural right and natural reason. To this nothing can be more opposed than the maxims of absolute monarchies. Yet from such we are to expect the greatest number of emigrants.”

Below Jefferson warns about allowing in too many immigrants from countries that are profoundly different than America. He extended his warning to not encouraging large masses of immigrants of the same living in one area.

“They will bring with them the principles of the governments they leave, imbibed in their early youth; or, if able to throw them off, it will be in exchange for an unbounded licentiousness, passing, as is usual, from one extreme to another. It would be a miracle were they to stop precisely at the point of temperate liberty. These principles, with their language, they will transmit to their children. In proportion to their numbers, they will share with us the legislation. They will infuse into it their spirit, warp and bias its directions, and render it a heterogeneous, incoherent, distracted mass.”

As we should see Jefferson was correct. Today our Congress is exactly as Jefferson warned about. A great example is Rep. Ilhan Omar. She was elected by a large population of Somalis that have their own objectives which are not necessarily in alignment with the overall good for America.

The days of a large migration from Europe are over. The two largest groups of people migrating to America today are Latinos and people from Muslim countries. Unforutently a lot of Latinos are coming here illegally and all they bring are the clothes on their backs and a thirst for our social programs.

4 Likes

No that is a false equivalency! You wouldn’t understand because your not a Marine!

Not its not! Like I said you couldn’t possibly understand or appreciate what his statement is about. You never served in the Marines, so your ignorance on that point is obvious! Once a Marine always a Marine!

Like I said you arguing on semantics. His statement was pretty clear to me, Marines don’t see color, he ascribes to his tribe just as much as you advocate for yours, the only difference is there is no color when you claim to be a Marine. Enough said!

2 Likes

Help a European understand this thinking. Instead of identifying with one’s own heritage…it’s a mic drop moment to identity with the armed forces of a government? That’s worth abandoning one’s heritage? That is as sad as it is stupid.

2 Likes

Nope. Being in the Marine Corp is a special brotherhood, a fraternity. For people like you who haven’t served would never understand this. He’s is American, and that is enough heritage for me!

2 Likes

I call bullshit! Claiming to be American is all that is needed. What part of that do you not understand?

1 Like

Your Naivety is assuming who my ancestors are. You know nothing about me.
Secondly your whole entire premise of this post is bullshit. Who made you the sole arbiter to determine that all of White America is having an identity crisis? You just didn’t want to accept that you got schooled in a retort to you by a777pilot that was clear he didn’t have an identity crisis.

That is tribal politics, the same that you are propagating here with your false pretense.

That is another false equivalency not to mention an oxymoron. One can lie and say they are a Russian Citizen to steal secrets but that doesn’t mean they are Russian.

It doesn’t matter one iota! America was always a melting pot of cultures, and the demographics of the country is constantly changing from generation to generation and there is not a thing you can do about it. In a few hundred years there will be less numbers of whites in the world claiming allegiance to their whiteness, which in the bigger picture makes your entire premise of your arguments here silly.

2 Likes

What founding document? Please show me and name such document. Also my people were here long before white people settled here, so America was never white to begin with, it was stolen, so in essence its a losing premise to claim that!

Yeah OK! So you just contradicted your own statement. You claim you never assumed who my people were yet you are certain they were more racist than you? Yeah OK! Gotcha! (sarcasm)

Yeah you lose credibility when make statements like that, and its clear to me you have no idea what your talking about.

Again further proof you hold a biased view that is not rooted in facts, not to mention holding racist views yourself with statements like that.

Also you seem to be still living in the past based on your statements so far. Just face it, Europeans will never hold the demographic majority and will soon been melded into other races. Its just a fact, a evolutionary one!