The Rabbit Hole

Thats interesting Stu - where did it come from?

Found it: Jonathan Mercer - Here's the beauty. The ECB has until now...

Depends what you mean by lightweight.

I have observed Ramadan fasters being strict about not eating nor drinking until sunset. The religion gives leave for children and women in certain ‘predicaments’ not having to adhere strictly to the practice.

I have also observed ‘moslems’ not bothering at all…

1 Like

I was just referring to it not really being much of a test. I assume for them it is about showing some discipline ? Anyway that was all I meant. What they do is not really a tough test of will.
I mostly only eat once a day which amounts to about almost 24 hrs between meals and most weeks skip a day but still observe the meal time so that is almost 48hrs and every 4 months or so or if feeling a bit sluggish will do a longer fast of at least 4/5 days.
I do it for the health benefits and it is good test of will too.
It sounds all voodoo and hippy shite but honestly you feel like a spring lamb after.

1 Like

f3d7bc20346981c9

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9■■■

1 Like

wtf? I love Islam now?

@DMK Why do you so defend TWR? Perhaps you do go back a long way, but I don’t think that is a valid reason. Ross and some of us go back a long way too. TWR is one of the reasons I no longer post in the main threads. He called me a “moron” among numerous other insults because he disagreed with me. Even if you present indisputable facts to him (such as scientific or mathematical) he would still insist you are the idiot and he is right. I have no time for people like that and as he pervades every single thread, this place has become the TWR show. I can repeat the same for Dr_manhattan. It is simply toxic.

Hey Jen,

Hmm. I didn’t know that he called you a moron. If so, that was out of line.

As for why I defend him?

I suppose it is because I “get” him. He simply cannot abide by breaking of the law, is a strict Constitutionalist and doesn’t abide by people/groups who are broad brushed unfairly.

His intent is to add knowledge to topics from credible sources and he loathes false information being spread as someone naive may be taken in by it if there is nothing to oppose it.

So, in essence, he doesn’t bother me as I know his intent is not malicious, so I just overlook the faults. I also know he spent a good many years in the military (special forces I believe) and has made a life since then helping people learn self defense, training, coaching and does a lot for the less fortunate in his community. This is not something he brags about, I’ve gleaned it over the years. So, I also have a lot of respect for what he does in his personal life as well.

Do I like that he has to have the last word or that he doubles down on a stance as much as he does? No. But I have always looked at intent moreover personality flaws such as stubbornness, having to be right, etc.

However, I WAS wrong to post what I did in the thread I think you are referencing. I posted without thinking it through as much as I should have. I neglected to see the significance or the undermining of what Typhoon was trying to do.

I did edit my post to add the next day that I was wrong, because I was wrong and I did send an apology PM to Typhoon.

Don’t feel singled out, Jen. TWR calls people that disagree with him morons, accuses them of having no basis in fact, no evidence and wasting their time ‘debating’ with him.

He knows everything there is to know about every topic known to man and he averages over 500 replies per week trying to prove it. He seems to go down the list of threads late at night making sure that his is the last post made on each.

He reminds me of an arrogant know-it-all we had once before called The Resister, a self defined expert in everything who claimed he was being stalked by another member who killed his cat or some such bullshit.

It got rather tiresome seeing every thread turned into a pissing match between The Resister and any number of a string of users…occasionally with me.

Strangely, The Resister and TWR have too many common traits for it to be entirely coincidence.

Anyway, I wouldn’t fret more than 10 seconds about being called a moron by the likes of someone who considers all people morons.

1 Like

Why then does he flout the first amendment every chance he gets?

Isn’t that a bit condescending - the assumption that ppl are too naive to make up their own minds and must be ‘‘protected’’ from ‘‘hate speech’’?

Think we must agree to disagree on that one.

Not sure where you got that info but I would be very surprised if he was ever in the military, unless it was the catering corps.

Isn’t that exactly what he does? I asked him to quit the insults and give me something concrete. I said I was interested in reading both sides of the argument and I wanted to see his side too but without all the nasty attacks. He labelled me as an anti Semitic and insulted me too accordingly.

Is he the arbiter of all facts? Is it he who decides which are credible sources? You see, I would rather make my mind up for myself. I don’t like being told. Many things don’t add up for me and I have questions. I don’t fall for the official narrative. In fact I am suspicious of all official narratives. I don’t like anything other to be pigeon holed automatically as conspiracy.

His “faults” are all that we see. If he is the upstanding and humble person you describe, none of us can see that. We arrive here all with equal weighting to our opinions and we gain or lose respect according to what we portray. Our backgrounds are irrelevant.

Anyhow thanks for your explanation, though I am already marked by him and am unlikely to ever see this noble side.

1 Like

I get your frustration. I see your view, your perspective (also meaning many on the board).

I don’t quite think I said he is humble as that wouldn’t exactly true :wink:

I can’t really speak to all of the questions you and @Magog have asked. I can only give you my own thoughts.

I’d also say that I try to be supportive all all of the people who I like and have more than a bantering relationship with off or off the main board. Even if I disagree with what someone may say or do I am going to still do my best to be as supportive of the person (not necessarily the words or behaviors) as possible.

I always hope that when I screw up, I will have people who will reach out to me and let me know.

Much like what I see the intent here being. I very much appreciate you being forthright about it with me.

1 Like

I occasionally like his posts.

Just as I do with other users, my liking of a post is for the content, humor, profoundness, sarcasm or some other recognizable quality of the posted material…not an indication that I like the overall perception I have of the character of the user.

Even Magog comes up with some good shit now and then. :grin:

One issue I have with the know-it-all, TWR is that he will not admit to making an errant statement even when presented with proof of it. He simply ignores the thread for a while and may later make the corrected statement as if he knew it all along.

I’ve caught him no fewer than 4 times doing this.

1 Like

I read that as “humble.” Ah well. :wink:

Same here… I like to show agreement with the content, not necessarily the poster.

@Jen
@DMK
Just in case you ladies haven’t noticed, there’s been a food fight going on for a couple of days now on the Site Feedback forum. Tyfoon is giving TWR a lesson or two. I love it!

How Not To Create Threads And Respond To Mods

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No chance. What I find interesting is musrats have been protesting for a long while at this school over this but it’s had very little MSM. If it was Johnny English protesting he would be labeled lbgqt phobic and all the usual crap.

The dilemma is for the left in the main as they normally want us all to hug a musrat for diversity and defend their actions to the hilt, so where are they when the musrats are hating on the lbgtq bullshit ?

On this particular issue I do agree with the musrats in this crap should not be on the curriculum for 4 year olds, indeed if my way not at any school age, I just don’t think it’s necessary and is just further poisoning their susceptible little minds.

1 Like

Never argue with an idiot.
They just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

…to which end, have you been watching the series Catch-22 on UK TV ?

Nope but I did read the book a long time ago.