Brexit Betrayal

They both resigned over the deal and JRM, I’m sure had a valid reason

Like Boris had? Boris resigned too, from his Foreign Secretary position. So they are better than Boris? :wink:

Boris resigned well before Andrea and Esther did. Andrea only resigned when it was clear May was being fed to the dogs.

Read notes under video particularly about Nigel. This guy is in close contact with Robin Tilbrook who has initiated the legal case.

https://youtu.be/lP7A_QJidvg

I actually like Boris - just don’t think he’s PM material - But he would certainly give EU a kicking.

I would rather have Nigel, though to get Nigel we have to get past Corbyn and his big pot of free money, and that is a risk not worth taking. It all depends if the Tories screw up their second chance now.

Not really that, I’m just a pessimist and think that we all have become that.

1 Like

In which case, we can drag May through the courts for lying and Tony Blair for lying to Parliament. That should be perjury. Then the rest of them too for going against what they promised in the manifesto. The Tories won the last election on a pack of lies!

The Stop Boris campaign is getting rather desperate.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/lP7A_QJidvg?t=1084

Stuart Agnew MEP’s report of Farage’s shenanigans in the EU parliament.
The main highlight of the week was a surprise invitation to attend the ‘Conference of Presidents’ as the substitute of the ENF Group Leader Nicholas Bay. This event is held monthly and comprises the leaders of the eight Political Groups, chaired by Tajani the President of the Parliament. They usually discuss Parliamentary procedure. On Wednesday an emergency meeting was called just ahead of Theresa May’s visit to grovel for yet another extension. The President wanted to consult the leaders of the Groups, before he himself attended the European Council Meeting to sound out the views of the Parliament. If, thirty years ago, someone had said to me that on 10th April 2019 I would be personally consulted as one of the nine most senior members of the European Parliament on my view as to whether the EU should grant an extension to the UK to remain in the EU, I would have pointed to a flying pig.

Nevertheless, there we all were. Each MEP had their Group’s most senior civil servant beside them, plus all the inevitable Parliament secretarial sidekicks, sycophants and hangers-on, etc. Each MEP was asked in turn whether they thought an extension should be granted. There is a pecking order here, with the leader of the largest Group (Manfred Weber of the EPP) being consulted first and so on. None of the first six leaders objected to an extension, but some insisted that full EU rules must apply to all UK citizens, and others that any interim conditions agreed by Theresa May could not be revoked by another UK Prime Minister.

It was then Nigel Farage’s turn to speak (leader of the EFDD Group) followed by myself. Following Farage as a speaker is very much a ‘graveyard slot’ and I was wondering how I could hold anyone’s attention after one of his barnstormers. What he said, however, utterly astonished me. The meeting was ‘in camera’ which means it is not broadcast. He stated that he wanted an extension of Britain’s EU membership so that he could parade the candidates of his new Party. I have known him for 20 of the 25 years that he has been campaigning against EU membership. To hear him say he wanted to remain in the EU, when there was a genuine opportunity to leave 48 hours later, was akin to hearing Geoffrey Boycott saying he would support Lancashire against Yorkshire. It was the very last thing I expected.

It did at least give me a chance to say what he should have done, and with a fair degree of passion. The main thrust of my statement was that whilst many British MPs were frightened of self-government and a so called cliff edge, I could remember ‘Brentry’ as a voting adult in 1973 and the days when the EU did not interfere in British government. I outlined a list of examples of interference with each passing Treaty and how increased interference made Britain more difficult to govern, not easier. I urged the President to urge Donald Tusk to expel the UK from the EU so that we could forget politics and start talking trade. My intervention was not well received.

I am now concerned that touring the country giving such eloquent, engaging, enjoyable and entertaining anti-EU speeches has become such a raison d’etre for Nigel, that the prospect of all that finishing last Friday was the equivalent of the farmer shooting the huntsman’s fox.

Says it all really
‘‘Some years ago I opined that London was not really an English city any more
Since then, virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation
So there must be some truth in it…
I note also that London was the UK city that voted most strongly to remain in the EU’’
John Cleese on Twitter

https://youtu.be/bOCTBC7Jwuo

It is of some concern that Nigel has jumped on the Stop Boris bandwagon. Is that because he knows Boris will deliver Brexit and will finish the Brexit Party, scuppering Nigel’s chances of ever being PM?

I don’t know Jen but something ain’t right. It’s extremely odd that he gets the media attention and yet chooses not to mention the legal case which can prove we are already out in LAW. Why would he choose not to support that if he really wants it ? He backed us getting an extension instead of saying no extension like Stuart Agnew did.
That last vid I posted pretty much sums up what is likely going on with him.

EDIT: I don’t think he is alone by the way. There are many “Brexiteers” that are ignoring and giving no support to the legal case. Is it because in court it can all be shut down in an instant and the political gravy train and theater stops ?

1 Like

Nah its bc The plan is for Baker to become PM.

With eleven candidates currently formally declared in the Tory leadership stakes, rumours abound that European Research Group Deputy Chairman and former Brexit minister Steve Baker is on the verge of throwing his hat into the ring and making it a dozen (insert your own joke about a Baker’s dozen).

Or Osborne maybe

As Ross Clark sagely noted in a blog post (https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/boris-johnsons-court-appearance-is-nothing-to-celebrate/) for The Spectator yesterday: “Next in the dock, surely, will be George Osborne for his claim that a vote for Brexit would result in unemployment rising by between 500,000 and 800,000 within two years (in the event unemployment fell to a 45 year low

2 Likes

I’m sure Carney could be in the dock too.

1 Like

Perhaps people don’t really believe that the court will side with having already left. Probably they think it is a stab in the dark.

Jen, I could be wrong but I really don’t think Nige wants to be PM.

From my understanding of what Robin Tilbrook has said. It is in stone and the legislation created because of the Gina Miller case absolutely reinforces it. If it was flawed the media would be all over it but apparently there is absolutely nothing for them to pick holes in, so, as the media are controlled they are deliberately not drawing attention to it.

You would think genuine Brexiteers would at least talk about the legal case but everyone maintaining radio silence over it. A true Brexiteer would be happy for it to be delivered by any means but …