You say liberal elite, I say well educated

I’m not sure what you are referring to. I have never called anyone “part of the Trump cult, Trumplickers, Trumphumpers and other vile names if these people do not embrace your demented TDS nonsense.”

What I think of the “liberal elite”: I don’t like celebrities who think they are experts on matters of policy.

On the flip side, conservative elitism is very much a thing. It manifests itself in different ways than liberal elitism.

Conservative intelligentsia is just as annoying as liberal intelligentsia.

I’d say conservative intelligentsia is not as dangerous but I think there are some conservative enablers of “the deep state” who are in the useful idiot category.

1 Like

If you say so. Of course your statement is apparently your opinion without anything to back it up.

p.s. This is as much about the quality of education to the perception of quality today as it is about the left and their superiority complex.

1 Like

I have been to several of President Trump’s campaign rally’s even went to a few of his rally’s after he was elected. I can’t remember hearing him brag about his education. In fact I’m hard pressed to recall hearing him brag about himself in general.

This brings me back to education. Liberals, Democrats or whatever they call themselves these days have a very hard time reading past the Head Line. Reading is not in their wheelhouse.

1 Like

Do you assume it? It certainly seems so.

I didn’t assume it… I said I don’t know, I don’t know you. You keep talking about so you must feel self conscious about something.

Highly educated: meet Melissa Click

“It’s ‘a good thing’: The commodification of femininity, affluence and whiteness in the Martha Stewart phenomenon.”

Probably self conscious about trying to communicate with you which is a known impossibility.

You have displayed elitism before, too.

ETA: My mistake. I had someone else in mind.

Unlikely. I’ve said many times that I am base, simple, and a heathen.

You can see it in discussions about the poor. Ayn Rand acolytes are incredibly elitist. Limbaugh talks about “low information voters”. The bullshit talk about how understanding economics allows one to pontificate on which values are the best (normatively speaking). Conservatives have elitism, too.

Sorry, I was thinking of an old Hannity forumite, Wildmouse.

“Low information voters” has nothing to do with being poor nor does it have to do with conservative elitism.

Clearly this nation is clueless as to economics, the budget, the deficit, the debt and how it relates to spending as well as laws passed by congress.

I never said it had anything to do with being poor. It is an example of conservative elitism.

If a person is a low information voter, why is it conservative elitism to call out a fact?

You misunderstand me. Many invocations of economics are value-laden. Economics is descriptive, it is not normative. Being an economist doesn’t give anyone anymore of license to pontificate about what should than being a climate scientist or a sociologist does. It’s technocratic politics pretending to be apolitical. They (technocrats of many different fields) are America’s biggest problem.

The same question can be asked of liberal elitism by the person who says people in “flyover country” are backwards hicks or whatever.

Economics can be defined in a few different ways. It’s the study of scarcity, the study of how people use resources and respond to incentives, or the study of decision-making. It often involves topics like wealth and finance, but it’s not all about money.
Economics affects everyone’s lives. Learning about economic concepts can help you to understand the news, make financial decisions, shape public policy, and see the world in a new way.

1 Like