Why is everyone misquoting Pelosi?

I think that Nancy Pelosi has made a calculated decision: impeaching President Trump (which, in any case, would not remove him from office; the two-thirds supermajority then needed in the Senate would never happen) would redound against the Democrats in the 2020 elections–just as a similar thing did against the Republicans, who impeached Bill Clinton (but did not ever remove him from office) in the 1990s.

By the way, I very much like the UserName “Critical Thinker.” It probably does not get much better than that.

I am just not sure that it applies here, however…

1 Like

Name them. … …

Nobody but the “reporter” has "substantiated’ anything which makes it highly suspect at best.

Not necessary to misquote Pelosi, she makes little sense as it is. Just quote her word for word, and the confusion is evident.

2 Likes

No politician has espoused a wide open border policy, it’s just a dishonest talking point.

However, globalization favors open borders just naturally and multinational corporations certainly prefer open borders with the free flow of goods, labor and capital.

Disbanding ICE and the Border Patrol would leave our borders completely wide open.

Not having effective barriers to illegal crossings leaves the borders wide open.

Of course they aren’t dumb enough to come out and say it directly but that’s what they are advocating for.

…and Bozo Beto proposes taking down all the existing barriers.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Beto+wants+to+remove+all+walls+video&t=ffab&atb=v161-1_v&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=HWeLd2HmHlo

True, he seems to be trying it out as a cornerstone for his platform.

I find it rather disheartening that dem’s are so willing to destroy the whole country in order to attain permanent power. Scary.

Do they really promote deregulating border security?

They’ve been promoting disbanding ICE and the Border Patrol, as well as tearing down existing barriers.

Who or what does that leave to secure the border?

Thats the extreme left

That’s most of those running for POTUS.

I disagree. Most on the left acknowledge that we need immigration reform. They dont idiotically try to sell it as a border wall though

Which says more about the extreme right than it does about Trump

1 Like

Dave you seem to have a real problem with reality. Those are the positions advocated for by the 2020 candidates representing your party so far.

It has nothing to do with “the right” extreme or otherwise.

Barriers work, that’s why we put them around everything we want to secure.

The more effective your barriers are, the fewer people needed to patrol the area you are attempting to secure.

That’s simply reality.

My party has changed because of the idiocracy I see on the right

Horse shit, your party is just being more open and honest about the positions they’ve been supporting for the last two decades.

1 Like

Although I’ve made it clear that I disagree with the 2 party system anyway

Another complete irrelevancy.

Let’s be clear: both parties have sold their souls to the devils of special interests and large corporations.

1 Like