Why Doesn't The Entire Civilized World Rally Against North Korea?

As far as mass migration of illegal aliens this is a massive drain on the current and future resources of the United States, perpetrated by citizens of other countries, against the citizens of this country. So I’m not buying your position that they aren’t a threat because threats come in many different forms. If a group of foreigners are threatening the financial well-being and stability of my country then they are a threat. I don’t care how they are dressed or what they look like…or even if they have good intentions on a personal level. They don’t belong here and they have no right to be here. Full stop.

If I’m so wrong then why are thousands of their citizens fleeing those countries and invading ours?

You can certainly argue it but your argument won’t get any traction and once again you’re conflating the actions of individuals with that of their home countries.

Those countries are not a threat to the US in any way.

Our illegal alien problem is largely our own fault for first not securing the border and second for administration after administration essentially turning a blind eye to illegals already in the country.

Mostly because of the poor economies in each of them, they are not narco states.

The fact that their economies are in the shitter does not in any way give them rights or access to our economy and our country. The United States is a sovereign country not an economic zone.

I said they were either narco-states or failed states, which is correct (depending upon which way the wind is blowing and who is doing the shooting).

If they were normal and safe countries then their populations wouldn’t be leaving and they wouldn’t be using “credible fear” as a means by which to obtain asylum.

My argument is exactly why the US is building a wall and staffing up Border Patrol and ICE. It’s also why the DEA is ramping up operations at the southern border as well. My argument doesn’t need to gain traction because it is the argument.

So…back to North Korea.

Nobody said they have a right to enter the US illegally, you asked why they attempt to do so and I explained the why.

They aren’t narco states or failed states they are just countries that have very poor economies compared to ours and that always has been and always will be a big draw for people to be willing to try to find a way in.

Your argument fails when you claim those countries are a threat to the US, they are not.

Individual not state actors are not countries.

I just want America to have what Israel has.

1 Like

I agree. That would be a big step in the right direction.

I believe Trump wanted to do that. Why do you think he stopped short?

I think the best North Koreans can hope for is that the regime itself opens its doors to capitalism.

True, but while we don’t share all the blame for the current state of affairs in the NT, US policies in the past that have knocked their feet out from under them by toppling democracies in favor of dictatorships bears some responsibility.

“With what has been released by the CIA we know that due to the United States 1954 coup and the installation of militarized leadership more than 100,000 Guatemalan citizens have been killed. The U.S. utilized forms of physical and psychological torture to break down Guatemalans into submission.”

Nice off topic chat everybody but this thread is about North Korea.

2 Likes

That would be nice, but highly unlikely.

North Korea is no threat to the United States and we need do nothing.

3 Likes

North Korea is opening up at a huge pace, relative to its history. Western (non-US) investment is encouraged and relatively easy, Russia and China are building energy and transport infrastructure, and North Korea actively participates in planning energy security for South Korea and Japan. As long as the Americans don’t fuck it up because “hurrdurr North Korea bad, China/Russia influence bad, South Korea/Japan relations with Russia/North Korea bad, must preserve American power becuz muh dick” then it will become a “new China” during the reign of Kim Jong-un.

2 Likes

I think the best they can hope for an open door policy to leave the damn place.

NK will always have reservations about its relationship with the US.
Historians tell us that millions (unlike the fake six million we hear about all the time) of North Koreans died in the US aerial bombardment during the Korean war.

I’m sure South Koreans would just love all those North Koreans driving their taxes up and their wages down if the border ever opened.

I agree with you. It’s a real shame.
Just like Holland doing nothing to help the Dutch-speaking Afrikaners in South Africa getting murdered on a daily basis.