Weather is not climate

This may explain the warm surface temperatures (of oceans) global warming alarmists are making a big deal out of.

And rampant hurricanes and typhoons.
(Some of which are artificial, but it’s another matter)

Look at graphs of solar activity (Sunspots, flares, etc.) and global average temps.

Again, the total energy Earth absorbs from the sun is constant.

It’s the distribution of such energy which Milankovitch painstakingly calculated, explaining why Ice Age glacials/inter-glacials happen.

The Solar energy striking the Earth is NOT constant. This is a measurable fact.

OK, Milankovitch was talking about the regional fluctuation of heat received due to Earth wobbling

Again, what happens in the Northern Hemisphere on both sides of the Atlantic is crucial.

What happens down under matters less, although Australia had one of the coldest winters (July, Augusts) this year, and ice sheets on Antarctica are growing.

That is the current condition, with the wobble of the Earth. I was explaining the scientific model for the warming of the ocean temp prior to our Ice Age.
The Sun’s activity has a significant impact on our climate.

No doubt about it.
However, when it comes to drastic climatic changes over thousands (tens or hundreds of thousands) of years, little solar flares here and there don’t seem to make much of a difference.

This is quite simply untrue. The sun’s output varies as does our proximity to it. It would be impossible for us to therefore receive a constant level of energy from it.

Flares are only one small measure of the sun’s total output.

That’s exactly what I’m saying.
Given the sizes of the sun and Earth, long-time energy transfer from the sun to Earth is virtually constant over a long period of time.
(Just like the solar light is virtually parallel)

No what you are saying is the opposite of what is true.

We don’t average solar output and planetary absorption over long period of times, it would be stupid and utterly irresponsible to do so as it discounts the primary driver of cooling and heating.

It’s more like utterly impossible.
It’s the angle, distance and when and where the solar light hits Earth, just like Milankovitch calculated.

You really should learn to read the posts you reply to.

Which is unknowable since Man has yet to observe the Solar activity for more than a few thousand years. Any long age model for Earth is speculation based on circular reasoning.

Adaptation and innovation is the only way humans are able to exist on the planet in the first place and the environmental GW nut jobs want to take that away from the human race.

I’m shocked to learn that our Teslas are plastic, SHOCKED I tell you.

I just went into the garage and checked but no plastic other than a little on the dash. mesoconfused now :crazy_face:

Well now…

But then, we can all find studies to make our beliefs comfortable can’t we now? Producers of electric cars will deliver studies favorable for them and dirty fuels interests will have theirs.

So it goes.

The really great news is that battery production is rapidly evolving. I look forward to being able to replace my F 250 with an electric powered pickup in a couple of years.

Good thing you and your Tesla do not live in California while the electric is cut off for weeks. :wink:

More correctly it is our ability to modify our environment that allows us to succeed in spite of what the climate throws at us.

We can build climate controlled homes above and below ground and water and add, lose layers of clothing as often as necessary to keep us within not just survivable body temp limits but comfortable limits.

Physically we aren’t very adaptable but our brains more than make up for it.