Weather is not climate

https://www.sciencealert.com/giant-void-identified-under-antarctica-reveals-a-monumental-hidden-ice-retreat/amp

I suspect that some “climate scientists” may wake up soon and realize that CO2 has nothing to do with this. And then they will wonder if that fluid and rotating core of molten iron and nickel at 6000 C …juuuust might have something to do with that. If they arn’t married and have kids to care for, they might throw their career to the wind and announce that all this time we have been demonizing CO2, changes in the 6000 degree core a mere 4000 miles away from the surface just might be responsible for temperature variations on the surface.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a moment.

General and special relativity theories have both been proven through math and experimentation.

While there are a few employed in the private sector even they are funded through gov’t grants and green energy credits.

If CO2 were the driver there would have been a corresponding dramatic rise in global temps as CO2 shot up which of course hasn’t happened.

What we continue to see is the same thing which has happened again and again is that CO2 spikes follow rises in temperature which would men the cause/effect relationship is exactly the opposite.

Because I’m totally cynical now, every time I see a plot of that data in Fahrenheit, I’m thinking that the alarmists are using that scale because a Celsius scale would only show about half a degree change. The data I saw from NOAA years ago was in C. The alarmist plots seem to always show F. Maybe I’m imagining but one can’t be too careful in looking at the data and how it is presented.

3 Likes

Mark that down as one of Al’s “Uncomfortable Truths”.

The US government couldn’t run a whorehouse and make money…

2 Likes

The chart also begins when we were coming out of a little ice age and ends right about where we stopped warming.

Oops.

If man is causing climate change, why aren’t you advocating a reduction in world population???

Anything less is putting a bandaid on an arterial wound.

2 Likes

RIDDLE ME THIS: What caused all the past Ice Ages, where 3 K high ice sheets plowed the globe; and what caused all that ice to melt?

2 Likes

I found out what melted all the ice sheets during the past ice ages. Our ancestors were burning Wooly Mammoth farts. So the first man made global warming.

Natural extremes of our orbit, tilt, and minimal solar activity.

Our own hemisphere has had some strangely cool weather this year and if it continues global warming will cease to be a major concern in the next few years.

No one takes into account, that Gore may be clinically insane.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What does it mean to be clinically insane?

clinically insane. someone who’s general persona is on the mad side of normal. Usually gets involved in acts of lunacy. These people usually deny the extent of their clinical insanity and try to find people who are more clinical than them, or at least claim that others are more mad.

You shouldn’t be talking about Trump so…

1 Like

The fact remains that the Vikings settled in Greenland lived there for some generations (subsisting on agriculture), until it got cold again and they went back to Norway.

The surface temperatures (of anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere) are prone to the interference by HAARP, but the deep Atlantic water temperature isn’t.

Deep Atlantic water temperature IS affected by magma escaping along the tear at the ocean ridges, possibly warming our ocean temps by 5*C or more.
Along with the Earth’s core escaping on the ocean floors, hundreds of volcanoes along the Pacific Rim and elsewhere would spew particulate matter, blocking solar heat from warming the Earth in the Summer.
The warmer ocean temps would be necessary for the rapid evaporation of ocean water, falling as snow and ice, which would not melt due to the cooler Summers the likely model that created our Ice Age.

It will be minimal considering the size of the Atlantic.

It is interesting to note that volcanic activities (and earthquakes) increase during Ice Age (glacial). Maybe because Earth becomes lopsided due to concentration of massive ice sheets in North America and Eurasia.

Again, what makes ice sheets accumulate into tens of thousands of feet high is the cool summer where the snow from previous winter fails to melt entirely.

Ok, how much molten rock does it take to warm the Earth’s oceans? Understand this wasn’t just the Atlantic mid-ocean ridge, but this occurred globally about the same time. One model speculates the ‘super continent’ tectonic plates moved apart at the same time.