Walmart to Stop Selling Ammunition for Assault-Style Weapons - WSJ

Screenshot_3

Faithful Americans don’t need their totalitarian globalist ideology and their attempt of abuse.

Glock in a crowd is far more destructive

Less room to level it
Doesn’t require aiming
Reloads as fast as any ar

Faster, if you don’t mind risking either losing or damaging a magazine by dropping it when empty.

You’re right and I think it is great. Walmart is brutal to small business.

Let the independent, small businesses gain some market share again.

Maybe in an elevator or closet but not in a room.

The rest is just ridiculous, rifles are always more accurate than handguns when comparing even remotely equal quality and a handgun has to be aimed for accuracy just as a rifle does.

Any rifle caliber AR is going to have at least 2-5 times the energy and penetrating capacity of a glock as well.

2 -5 times more energy and penetration than is necessary to kill someone.

1 Like

If you’re trying to kill a room full of people that’s what makes it ideal, single shots multiple casualties. Of course that can easily be mitigated with ammo/bullet selection if your goal is to take out specific targets rather than everyone in the room.

How many people in a full room did Nidal Hassan kill and wound with a handgun at Ft. Hood? A captive unarmed audience and two handguns is all he needed to kill 14 people and injure 32. I doubt an AR would have made much difference.

Yet the focus remains on ar’s

Of course they are black and scary looking. Freaking racists. :wink:

1 Like

I see this as benefit for mom and pop gun stores.

Well done Walmart.

1 Like

It certainly could have made a huge difference, more accurate, higher capacity magazines and designed to stand up to much longer strings of fire.

They just doubled down announcing today a “partnership” with “Everytown for Gun Safety”.

Good. Local gun/ammo retailer will thank em.

1 Like

Walmart sold 20 percent of all the ammo sold in the U.S.

Good. I hope they lose their ass.

Instead of a minimum wage worker selling ammo that couldn’t care less, let a small business owner who is a hell of a lot more astute assess a buyer.

Not anymore. … . In this case the past is not prologue.

I’d thank them too if the local guys didn’t try to send their kids to college off the profit of a case of ammo.

Example: I sold my CZ 52 pistols. I have three SPAM cans (1224 rounds per can) and asked the local gun store if he might be interested in a trade. The guy comes back with two cases of 5.56 and offers a trade.

Wait… the cheapest SPAM cans of 7.62x25 are $330 plus shipping. A thousand rounds of 5.56 are $290. An even trade would have given him $40 per SPAM can additional profit IF he sold it at the cheapest advertised price (and he NEVER sells for anything close to Internet pricing.) My thinking was that my three cases for three of his and $75 would be a killer deal in his favor.

All that deal said to me is that ammo is going way the Hell up.

Start reloading if you’re worried about ammo prices or availability.

1 Like

Eh? The nature of being in business is to make a profit. What the hell are you talking about?