Ukraine Russia War Front and Updates šŸŖ–

Ideologues donā€™t think especially for those who like to continuously play GI Joe and Call of Duty.

1 Like

So tragic. I once had a conversation with a taxi driver in Vladivostok and asked him what he thought of Putin. He said he personally didnā€™t like Putin, but his policies have been good for Russia. That was a few years before ā€œPutinā€™s invasion,ā€ but most Russians would agree that the Kremlin had no choice, given Kievā€™s intention to annihilate the Russians in the Donbass / Crimea and bring in nukes.

I donā€™t know the statistics, but there are voices in Russia that Putin has been too soft on the west and its puppet regime in Kiev.

It sounds like they donā€™t know the calculus of what Putin and the Kremlin are putting into action than just mere words. I donā€™t envy those who are making such decisions, its a fine line that they have to walk to avoid an all out war with the west vs. finding a exit ramp to end the war altogether, and with the latter I suspect Novembers elections in the US will determine the next move by both sides.

Putin would rather haver Joe Biden (and his Neocon puppet masters) as US President than Trump because Trump is totally unpredictable.

Putin knows what the Neocons want and is prepared to deal with them.

1 Like

The Kiev regime (installed in 2014 by the Neocons and CIA) does not represent the Ukrainian people.

Such a tragedy that hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians have died and/or crippled for nothing.

I donā€™t think Trump is all that unpredictable with a Jacksonian approach. He wants the war to end and advocates peace through strength. My bet is getting to the negotiating table to hammer out terms for both sides. Zelynsky is in a untenable position and has to know by now what his exit strategy is going to be before November. I would bet he will leave the country unannounced (in secrecy) before Novemberā€™s election in order to guarantee him and his familyā€™s safe haven.

His first term was full of contradictions with Mike Pompeo and John Bolton in key positions. Jared Kushner did not help either.

I think you can contribute that to being naive having not been a politician before and trusting some of the swamp creatures while not knowing they were snakes from the beginning. Mike Pence clearly was one of them while claiming he was a devout Christian only to stab him and the American people in the back in the end. I also was skeptical of Jared Kushner but with a caveat because he was instrumental behind the scenes in assisting with brokering peace deals in the middle east such as the ā€œAbraham Accords.ā€ That being said on the latter, many were critical of Kushner due to the fact his position was by appointment and not an elected one.

2 Likes

Mercs

And you praise a JOO how two faced.
Yes I admit Ukraine has lost ground but they continue to make Russia pay a high price. How about that submarine sitting on tbe bottom of the Black Sea and the night sky lit up by the beautiful fires burning another oil storage depot and an ammunition storage area.
SLAVA UKRAINE!!!

Nothing has changed since last year.
More Ukrainian losses and more Russian gains.

More NATO weapons for Ukraine which cause more Ukrainian deaths.

Russian advances in the Donbass

1 Like

GREAT NEWS, Ukraine has occupied Armiansk in northern Crimea. Hopefully this is the start for Ukraine to FULLY LIBERATE Crimea from Russian oppression.
Eat that Dr M

SLAVA UKRAINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to listen to different people on the war situation.
But they seem to agree on one thing.
Itā€™s a disaster for Ukraine.

1 Like

Good stuff! Zelensky is getting desperate!

https://www.rt.com/russia/602195-weekly-recap-ukrainian-conflict/

Donbass push, winged bombs and hunt for Western-supplied armor: The week in the Ukraine conflict

The Russian military has liberated multiple new locations in Donbass while continuing its aerial bombing campaign.

The past week in the Russia-Ukraine conflict has been marked with Moscow making new advances in Donbass and liberating multiple settlements in Russiaā€™s Donetsk Peopleā€™s Republic (DPR).

The most active hostilities continued to the northwest of the strategic DPR town of Avdeevka, liberated by the Russian military in February. Russian forces continued to expand their zone of control near the town of Ocheretino, once a major logistics hub for Ukrainian troops, seized by Moscow in April, with Kievā€™s forces apparently still unable to stabilize the front line in the area.

Last Sunday, the Russian Defense Ministry announced the liberation of the villages of Progress and Yevgenovka located to the southwest of Ocheretino. The latter settlement effectively forms a single agglomeration with the village of Voskhod, liberated by Russia last month.

https://mf.b37mrtl.ru/files/2024.08/original/66b19e4685f5401fa12f946e.jpg

The next day, the Russian military said it seized the village of Volchye, located to the south of Progress. The westward push in the area continues, with the latest media reports indicating further advance of the military in the area.

On Sunday, the Defense Ministry announced the liberation of Novosyelka Pervaya, a large village located 3.5km to the south of the Yevgenovka-Voskhod-Sokol area. The settlement has seen active combat over the past few weeks, with the Russian offensive supported by heavy artillery and aerial bombardment. The village is split in two roughly equal parts by the Volchya River, with the minor waterway serving as a natural obstacle for the troops.

https://mf.b37mrtl.ru/files/2024.08/original/66b19e4585f5401fa12f946d.jpg

The Russian military has also made progress near the DPR city of Gorlovka, with intense combat continuing amid the advance on the town of Toretsk (also known as Dzerzhinsk), located to the northwest. The Russian military has reportedly made minor gains in the village of New York (also known as Novgorodskoye), as well as capturing the village of Leninskoye (Pivdennoye), a small settlement between Gorlovka and Toretsk.

Ukrainian troops reportedly remain in their heavily fortified entrenchments between New York and Gorlovka, as well as further to the south. The remaining forces are now risking a potential encirclement should Moscowā€™s forces be able to establish full control over the narrow, 5km in width, exit out of the pocket.

Hunt for Western-supplied armor

Over the past week, the Russian Defense Ministry reported the destruction of multiple Western-supplied tanks, including rare pieces in Kievā€™s stock. Last Monday, the ministry shared footage of an artillery strike on a US-supplied M1 Abrams tank.

The vehicle was found to the northwest of the city of Avdeevka where it got stuck in an overgrown trench, footage shared by the military shows. The tank was destroyed by a single Krasnopol guided shell, fired by a 152-mm Msta-S self-propelled howitzer.

Ukrainian towns and villages have interesting names.
Pervomaisk (City of the First of May)
Chasovyar (Steep Ravines)
Krasnogorovka (City of beautiful mountains)

But to top it all, New York, which is now being taken by Russians.

New York, Ukraine, soon to be Russia.

Its all about Hearts and minds in the bigger picture.

The incursion into Russia decimates Ukrainian force with mass casualties for Ukraine.

https://www.rt.com/russia/602291-ukrainian-incursion-kursk-explainer/

Iā€™m a little puzzled by this.
Zelensky managed to pull this stunt without Russia knowing anything about it?
What about the Ukrainian equipment / troop movement to the region prior to the raid?

I suspect Moscow wants to use this event as an excuse to move on to (or at least advance toward) Kiev, given the regionā€™s relative proximity to the Ukrainian capital.

Back in the autumn of 2022, Russiaā€™s retreat from the Kupiansk and Kherson regions angered and galvanized Russians, permitting Putin to mobilize. (Otherwise it would have been a very unpopular move, which may be very detrimental to his popularity.)