Trump to declare emergency over wall

I got in on a telephone town-hall with Cruz this week. Interesting conversation.

Unfortunately when it comes to big stuff there’s always a handful of republicans willing to cave to the dem’s to get something through the senate but never enough dem’s to crossover for the good of the country.

A pox on both their houses.

1 Like

A. S. B. I’m sure you remember.

Why are you making this about me? Let’s stick to the topic…

Do you want Trump going around congress? This is a bipartisan bill, so I am assuming if Trump chooses to not listen to congress, that he knows more than they do?

What about the constitution? I thought cons wanted the President to follow it?

I don’t do homework for idiots.

2 Likes

General welfare clause. I know you won’t agree because this would be invoking that clause in the actual way it was intended when written.

He has all the authority he needs simply as Commander in Chief and under the National Emergencies Act.

The continuing tantrum though is still rather comical.

It’s like watching 40 million 3yo’s blow up at once because mommy turned off he cartoons.

1 Like

Sure, and securing the border in the interest of national security is also promoting the general welfare of the United States. Sovereignty.

1 Like

Well played. some more characters.

For the clueless:

Also known as foreigners who have no allegiance to nor any respect for our country, our government, or our laws. So endeth the lesson.

Remind me who is constitutionally tasked with making decisions regarding national security again? I could have sworn it was the commander in chief.

1 Like

Some would say he’s a loose cannon as he stretched to reach his decision on the ACA relabeling the fee, fine to a tax to pass muster.

I see you’re still shitting all over this topic with your lack of knowledge and bovine feces.

Ah the answer is really in, it’e been done before and 31 examples are still in effect. IDIOT!

Congress passed the [National Emergencies Act] in 1976. The Act consolidated a hodgepodge of Congressionally-authorized presidential powers, while not specifically intruding into executive authority. Mostly, it’s a way to keep track of the myriad emergencies declared by various presidents, giving Congress a tool to count them and determine which ones are still in effect.

There are 31 Presidential Emergency Orders still in effect according to the Brennan Center. (I had no idea we had so many world-endangering emergencies.) They range from Jimmy Carter’s order blocking Iranian government property in 1979, to “Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contribut- ing to the Situation in Nicaragua” issued by President Trump in November 2018.

One of these emergencies was declared by Bill Clinton in 1995. It’s titled “Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions With Significant Narcotics Traffickers.” Of particular interest is Section 4.

Sec. 4. The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to carry out this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out this order.

The IEEPA refers to the “International Emergency Economic Powers Act” which is supported by 50 U.S. Code § 1702. Presidential authorities.

Illegals cost American tax payers over 100 billion a year.

And the media and left continue to bury and ignore that reality .

2 Likes

Let’s be honest… Republicans screwed us and Trump is going to sign their bullshit compromise with the Democrats.

The entire elected federal body of the Republican Party signed an immigration bill that grants TOTAL amnesty for all time in exchange for a couple of miles of Trump’s Fence (formerly the Wall).

Whether he grants a national emergency or not is irrelevant. The minute he signs this bill, it’s over.

1 Like

What amnesty is in this? Link?

This has nothing to do with Congress knowing better. Experts on the border who live this stuff everyday have made it clear what is needed. DEMs hate Trump more than they love this country. They will do anything and everything to bring Trump down.

Them are the facts.

2 Likes

Well delivered. This problem has been glossed over for WAY too long.

Once in the country they are here forever.

22 million plus illegals in the country and few are ever deported and if they are deported they walk across the border and begin again.

You’re wasting your time trying to educate a person unable to grasp anything but the party line.