Trump to declare emergency over wall

Other admins declared national emergencies… yes.

Other admins where the executive branch reappropriates funds without congressional approval? Nope!

If you can find one, please share.

Already provided this link more than a few times in prior threads. Pretty common practice.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jason-chaffetz-trumps-border-wall-may-get-funding-after-all-thanks-to-this-dirty-little-washington-secret

Here is the problem…

This unauthorized spending/reappropriation will be taken to the courts where they will have to follow the constitution. That where this will die.

As I stated previously, every prior President has done this with nary a peep.

But this is Trump.

DEMs hate Trump.

They still can’t come to terms with his win.

We will see what we will see from the courts.

Waaa… I worked for a multiagency organization consisting of all military services and some civilian agencies that “didn’t exist”. You are clueless.

Waaaaaaa…lib. cry.

The wall is going up and your shithole democrat voters are gonna be stopped.

1 Like

Yemen. As long as it’s Yemen.

Appropriate, allocate, spend… any of those words apply, but I’ll let you come up with your own definition and conclusion of what I meant by that. You’ve already come up with many hilarious conclusions in this one post.

7 Venezuelans constitute a national emergency.

Not my fault that Trump is bad at governing… he waited until 3 months AFTER Dems took over the house to declare a national emergency.

He declared a national emergency and still signed the bipartisan bill that gave him some money for a “wall”

He should not have received shit from us taxpayers… he promised Mexico would pay for it. But we threw him a bone and now he wants the whole skeleton.

He is a terrible leader and now he will pay the consequences.

1 Like

See Obama and DACA. Congress spoke. He ignored.

Sure it does. Go read the law.

So you were wrong? Imagine that.

Not the same… Obama never got a bill. DACA didn’t require reappropriation of funds. DACA was funded by the application fees.

Trump got a bipartisan one and got money for something he promised Mexico would pay for. He should be grateful he got anything.

Can’t read something that doesn’t exist.

During the Obama administration, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimated $310 billion was spent on unauthorized appropriations in FY 2016 – the last fiscal year of his presidency.

Imagine that. And what is Trump wanting?

1 Like

Oh but it does. Seek and ye shall find.

Oh, but it is. You’re struggling. Your hypocrisy is hurting you. That’s good; means you have a vestige of a conscious.

(Assuming that article is correct) Seemingly this was an option from January 2017 to Feb 2019… but he waited on this emergency and shutdown the government AFTER Dems took the house. He could have taken his 25 billion and moved on… clearly he didn’t.

So either he can’t do what that article claims he can do to reappropriate that money… or his admin is incompetent.

I laid out my reasoning why the 2 situations are different… you laid out nothing.

Who do you think is going to build this wall?

Ever heard of army corps of engineers. Once they get the green light they will get that wall built in not time.