Trump to declare emergency over wall

Please, Prag13, stop your crying and stampy stamp dance. You can’t have your way. The orange man said, “enough”. Here… have a tissssssue. Industrial sized for all your bigly tears.

In this case the person is incapable.

1 Like

Maybe, Maybe???

ROTFLMAO.

not even close to a maybe.

Obama legislated from the executive branch using executive orders. That is unconstitutional.

Trump’s national emergency declaration is well within his authority, as granted by congress. Virtually every president has declared a national emergency on multiple occasions since the legislation was passed back in the 1970’s.

You keep talking about overt racism by forum members, but the only one I see spewing racial epitaphs here is you. :wink:

Interesting that you point out Obama’s EOs as unconstitutional but leave out GWB.

The emergency declaration may be in his authority but what about the funding? Also, do you think there should be some basis for declaring an emergency or can a President simply declare an emergency based on anything he wants?

Think about this before replying. Bush and Obama both had sent troops to border. Now why would they do that?

Did they sent em for BBQ party? To get their hair and nails done?

Why would YOU send troops to the border…and for what purpose?

Screenshot_2

1 Like

There is no emergency. This is an unconstitutional power grab that hurts American communities of color.

Oh look…a race baiter.

Why did Obama was black sent troops…was he racist?

Ok… what does that have to do with declaring a national emergency?

So much for thinking I see.

Kinda the latter. But he still is bound by the constitution. even in the emergency. Good luck proving that building a wall on our border to keep out the vermin is unconstitutional.

Foreigners can immigrate legally and we welcome them if they dont cost us anything. Illegals and fake asylum seekers… not so much.

1 Like

Are you saying that you believe the the president can declare anything an emergency and appropriate funds to address that emergency?

Define appropriate. Congress has the purse always. But there is alot of discretion in the how the appropriated funds will be spent. I was in the military. I got money for programs to accomplish some stated goal. Congress did not say I had to spend it on this particular technology or that one. “National Defense” is a pretty broad area. And the Commander in Chief is the one that defines what that means. You don’t. Congress doesn’t. SCOTUS doesn’t. Cry your eyes out. Soros screwed your pooch when he gave us the evidence of an emergency by sending a caravan of shithole fake asylum seekers all to our border at the same time.

Waaaaa. Lib.

1 Like

The existing law gives the President wide discretion. For that reason, I believe the courts will have a hard time making the case that Trump’s actions are unconstitutional.

In regards to that wide discretion, it really isn’t about what I think. It would be up to congress to change the existing legislation if they believe it is too broad.

Stop with the race baiting troll. Take your race hustling somewhere else.

My guess is that a game of buzzword bingo has broken out at Share Blue.

Your money was appropriated specifically to your branch of the military. You couldn’t take that money and give it to DHS. That’s is what congress has the power to to… not you… not Trump… congress is the only entity that can reappropriate funds.

If this was a true emergency, then congress would have given Trump the money he asked for. But they didn’t… So Trump sees an emergency but congress doesn’t?

To declare emergencies, yes.

To reappropriate money, no.

Actually, much of the money Trump is using can be done without declaring a national emergency. That kind of activity takes place all the time in every administration. Never a peep in the past for that kind of activity. Never a peep for past national emergency declarations. Never a problem with prior border security compromise.

But now its Trump.

Trump was never supposed to win. He is an illegitimate President. He can’t be allowed to govern. He has to be taken down at all costs.