Trump to declare emergency over wall

Now your criticizing him for not doing it before giving the new Congress and chance?

I laid out your hypocrisy. Youā€™re welcome.

So all that fillings for DACA registry and man power to log in those name, website etc didnā€™t cost a penny?

They had to transfer resources from some place.

You are having a hard timeā€¦

I am laying waste to this notion that this is a ā€œnational emergencyā€.

Congress gave him a bipartisan bill with funding for increased border security. Yet Trump still decided to declare an emergency and is now attempting to reappropriate 8 billion (before it was 5.7). So if he was just going to go around congress anyway, why did he wait?

It did costā€¦ it was mostly (if not all) funded by application fees.

Have you read the criteria for spending that money yet?

The General Welfare Clause does not provide for suspension of the Constitution.

1 Like

I think the president would be within his statutory right to do this under the national emergencies act and the Immigration and Naturalization Act and so this is not a constitutional question , itā€™s a matter of statutory interpretation

The only question is the timing of it.

You are not The Decider. Therefore you are not ā€œlaying wasteā€ to anything.

Iā€™m going to say he waited to give Congress a chance to do their job, like he did with DACA.

2 Likes

Sure, as soon as the Constitution says somewhere, ā€œAn unregulated flood of illegals, being necessary to power of the Democrat Party, the right of the Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan and Salvadoran people to ignore our laws and sneak or bull rush across our borders, shall not be infringed.ā€

3 Likes

OKā€¦

Q8: Can I obtain a fee waiver or fee exemption for this process?
A8: There are no fee waivers available for employment authorization applications connected to DACA. There are very limited fee exemptions available. Requests for fee exemptions must be filed and favorably adjudicated before an individual files his/her request for consideration of DACA without a fee. In order to be considered for a fee exemption, you must submit a letter and supporting documentation to USCIS demonstrating that you meet one of the following conditions:

• You are under 18 years of age, have an income that is less than 150 percent of the U.S. poverty level, and are in foster care or otherwise lacking any parental or other familial support; or
  • You are under 18 years of age and homeless; or
  • You cannot care for yourself because you suffer from a serious, chronic disability and your income is less than 150 percent of the U.S. poverty level; or,
  • You have, at the time of the request, accumulated $10,000 or more in debt in the past 12 months as a result of unreimbursed medical expenses for yourself or an immediate family member, and your income is less than 150 percent of the U.S. poverty level.

You can find additional information on our Fee Exemption Guidance Web page. Your request must be submitted and decided before you submit a request for consideration of DACA without a fee. In order to be considered for a fee exemption, you must provide documentary evidence to demonstrate that you meet any of the above conditions at the time that you make the request. For evidence, USCIS will:

I wonder how many of em had 495 dollars or so for application fee.

By the way Pragmatic, what is my position on Trump declaring an emergency over illegal immigration?

He beat youā€¦
He wins.

So when all else fails, Trump bashing LW talking points. As before, you must know that I wonā€™t respond to this garbage.

Actually you are doing no such thing. You are simply regurgitating LW talking points.

1 Like

The timing is simple ā€¦ Congress refused to fully respond to the emergency. And before anyone jumps on that, the emergency existed prior to the vote in Congress and has existed for some time, it just has never been declared such by a President before.

Its not unconstitutional. Presidents have been using Executive Privilege to declare emergencies since Abe Lincoln did it during the Civil War. Roosevelt used it to inter Japanese Americans during WWII. Truman tried to take over industries using that power. In 1976 Congress passed the National Emergencies Act which was intended to control what the considered as abuses of Executive power. Yet since then Every President has used it and in fact, about 30 such emergency declarations by Presidents prior to Trump, remain in effect in spite of the fact that after one year in effect, Congress is supposed to review them every six months to consider terminating them.

Perhaps you should do a little research before popping in here and making a fool of yourself.

Oh, and it has nothing to do with ā€œpeople of color.ā€ Just because most of the illegal immigrants who are the focus of the declaration are Latinos, does not mean it is about their race. Your fixation of race is detrimental to your arguments.

All of them. The Congress does not vote to fund emergencies in advance; the emergency stands on its own for a full year before they have a say in either terminating the emergency declaration or continuing it. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word emergency.

You think DACA was free?

Plus Mexican is not even a race, nor is latino.