Trump to declare emergency over wall

Thirteen of the terrorists had Florida driver’s licenses or ID cards, seven had Virginia driver’s licenses, at least two had California licenses and two had New Jersey driver’s licenses. According to the March 28, 2002 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette , Robert Thibadeau, director of Carnegie Mellon’s Internet Security laboratory, says that “the 19 terrorists on Sept. 11 were holding 63 state driver’s licenses for identification.”

Pretty amazing how this government has always ignored people in this country illegally and the harm they do to citizens.

They ignore them reality of all the laws they break yet if you break the same laws, i.e. identity theft your prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

2 Likes

The central government is the problem, not the solution. Always.

5 Likes

Post an EO that required Obama, without congressional approval, to reappropriate funds from one entity to another?

What a BS answer. You can literally say “I’m not a part of Trumps inner circle” for every decision he made or didn’t make. I’m not asking you what Trumps reality is, I’m asking for your opinion.

This “crisis” was happening for 2 years under his watch. Suddenly, after Dems took the house, it became and emergency. 3 months later… he declared it an emergency. Congress (Republicans and Dems) disagreed. If they thought it was a nation emergency, they would have given him the funds he asked for last year.

So we are back to Trump knows better than Congress on the needs of CBP, which is complete bullshit.

The executive and legislative branch have acces to the same data in regards to the needs at the border. The legislative branch gave Trump 1.3 billion for barriers… Ttump want 8 billion for a wall. Who is telling the truth?

Hmmmm

“The failure of House Republicans to pass a darn bill is bad for our security, it’s bad for our economy and it’s bad for our future,” he announced today in the Rose Garden. “America cannot wait forever for them to act, and that’s why today, I’m beginning a new effort to fix as much of our immigration system as I can on my own, without Congress.”

Something to read while you wait.

Now you will cry about reappropriation of funds. Everything costs money.

1 Like

It’s Centgov. Nobody.

Who gains votes?

One thing in that article caught my eyes…

He mentioned he was waiting on a bipartisan bill. Trump has a bipartisan bill, that he signed, and still he declared a national emergency.

Also yes, the reappropriation of funds is a big issue. Who has the power to do that according to the constitution?

The legislative branch considered DACA and declined it. Obama disagreed and took unilateral action.

The legislative branch considered the wall and put a number on it. Trump disagreed and took unilateral action.

The National Emergencies Act (NEA) (Pub.L. 94–412, 90 Stat. 1255, enacted September 14, 1976, codified at 50 U.S.C. § 1601–1651) gives the sitting President authorization to do so. A law passed by the way, by a Democrat House. The sitting President is Donald Trump.

Who has the power to defer action on illegal immigration in the Constitution? Establish naturalization laws?

Who has the power to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms in the Constitution?

1 Like

As of February 2019, 59 national emergencies have been declared, and the United States is under 31 continuing declared states of national emergency.

According to google…a lib search engine. :wink:

My mistake 31 are still active yet not one person in congress addresses the constitutionality of the emergencies.

10 U.S.C. § 2808 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 10. Armed Forces § 2808. Construction authority in the event of a declaration of war or national emergency

(a) In the event of a declaration of war or the declaration by the President of a national emergency in accordance with the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) that requires use of the armed forces, the Secretary of Defense, without regard to any other provision of law, may undertake military construction projects, and may authorize the Secretaries of the military departments to undertake military construction projects, not otherwise authorized by law that are necessary to support such use of the armed forces. Such projects may be undertaken only within the total amount of funds that have been appropriated for military construction, including funds appropriated for family housing, that have not been obligated.

Seems he’s on pretty firm ground.

1 Like

Just about all of them.

How was Obama EO funded…since congress didn’t appropriated the money for them?

Where did that money come from?

Think!!!

Thanks Sneak. Was hopping Prag could figure it out on his own…maybe I’ve over estimated him. :wink:

I have to say TWR, this post of yours is dead on, spot on , dead on balls whatever phrase you want to come up with

1 Like

People also confuse liberals with libs. Libs are authoritarians hiding behind liberal label. :wink:

1 Like

If you want to see racism and white privilege, just watch how Lindsey Graham and McConnell are supporting Trump’s “emergency” despite the fact that each of them heavily critized Obama for using executive orders.

1 Like

way to play the race card , you are part of the problem why racism will be front and center , instead of finding a solution you exacerbate the problem

3 Likes

“white privilege” :rofl:

Is that like the newest fashion trend? You gonna carry a knock off designer bag pissed off at people who bought the real thing?

2 Likes

fabulous