Trump closing border with Mexico

Are you claiming we are giving that money away?

You really seem to be working extra hard at not understanding the subject matter.

No, I never made any such claim. Most of it is spend on disposables thus adding nothing to our national wealth.

At some point, probably within the next decade this will result in the world losing faith in the USD and it will no longer be the world’s preferred and reserve currency.

What we’ll then have for all those trillions of dollars sent overseas are landfills that are running over, the inability to produce the products essential to our own economy, a collapsing currency and economy and runaway inflation.

The only way the trade deficit can even be financed now is by the US Gov’t constantly printing money out of thin air, a recipe for disaster.

So what’s the solution? Besides closing the mexican border. I’m not trying to get your goat hear, i would really like to hear what you think.

On which point?

Closing the MX/US border is a necessary short term step. We don’t have enough BPA’s to man the legal ports of entry, patrol the border, and deal with the detainees.

It is also necessary to get Mexico to stop enabling the caravans and start enforcing their own southern border.

The only solution to our overall trade deficit is to go back to producing things in the US not only for ourselves but that the rest of the world will buy.

Part of that requires playing a lot of hardball with China and the EU. It may not win us any friends but we need their respect much more than their friendship.

2 Likes

I don’t claim to be an expert on these things, and although i strongly disagree with you on almost everything, i can agree that we should be more self-sufficient.
I dont think we can afford to screw over long-term military and economic allies as we have in Europe. That seems very dangerous. I also think that we will devastate certain industries if trade from Mexico suddenly stops.
I inderstand the desire for a change, but im just not convinced this is the best way.

How is reciprocal trade screwing anyone over?

Well, 20 characters… .Exactly!

So once again you seem to have no idea what you’re talking about.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I agreed that reciprical trade is not a problem, as far as i understand.
It means that we buy things from a trade partner, and they buy things from us.
I think what i presumed was slightly different than the case.
You think we need to produce more stuff to trade with others?

No it means that if a foreign country establishes barriers such as tariffs against US imports we reciprocate.

I will admit that i do not know all the details of our trade policies and tarrifs with other countries;
not to mention what the offset of changing much of our economy from technology to manufacturing would be worth, with respect to tariffs.

Once again you don’t seem to understand even the most basic aspects of trade.

I dont pretend to know as much as you on the matter. But i also don’t think our global trade policies can be successfully argued, one way or another, by smelted it down to a number, such as the “trade deficit.”

Could not agree more with this. We also need smarter regulations not business killing regulations as well as tax incentives to get the ball rolling.

If we don’t, you’re right . The value of the dollar will eventually be meaningless. It will be a hard lesson if that happens. Which will then result in Americans building their way back again to what we should have done in the first place.

Makes sense. Their neighbors to the west supply them with all the poppy in the world.

There were already a couple of Chinese nationals killed over there, but you won’t read about that in the news. The Chinese are licking their chops to when US forces leave!

1 Like

The point isn’t to compare the vatican to America, the point Dave was the Vatican has a wall surrounding it and border security, in the vatican case its the swiss guards, in America’s case it would be border security/ICE .

the operative word “security”.

Irrelevant

Why would we have the equivalent security forces of the Vatican? that makes no sense Dave, you are stretching this one, you might want to buy some yoga pants.

The point of the wall is to secure the borders, we have issues before but they were manageable, today its not and new measures have to be taken

I had this discussion with someone who said Reagan didn’t want a fence/wall etc, and the reality was Illegal immigration wasnt high on Reagan’s list until the cocaine epidemic of the 80’s then he changed his mind.

Illegal immigration was an issue but a manageable issue, today its not

1 Like

I have heard other people say the exact same thing as you just wrote. Basically you think it’s Trump’s fault. But I must add that those people that think as you do are not very smart people. Or just too lazy to do a little research.

The Central American migrant caravans are being promoted and supported by People Without Borders. People Without Borders started as far back as 2013 and organized the first of the large caravans to come to our border in 2014 under Obama.

President Trump brought light to this and in doing so slowed down the caravans that had been planned before his involvement.

People Without Borders is a spin off of the The United Latin Family which lost it’s IRS tax exemption in 2017 for failing to file Form 990 tax return for three consecutive years. People Without Borders has it’s US office in the Lincoln United Methodist Church in Chicago.

The Center is headed by Emma Lozano and her husband, Walter “Slim” Coleman. Lozano is also an activist for DREAMers. Lozano is also very active in the Democratic Party in IL.

Much of its funding from 2000-2005 came from the Public Welfare Foundation a left-wing foundation that also funds far-left groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center and Alliance for Global Justice.

They indirectly receive funding from a number of major left-wing grant-making foundations, including the MacArthur, Ford, and Rockefeller Foundations.

1 Like

Dam! That is some ■■■■■ shit right there!

How about Soros? Are there any connections to him, or is his money more disguised in the shell game?

This getting funnier by the day! Apparently American workers are feeling slighted by Chevy!

Good! I am happy about this! CEO Cucks are sellouts! They should just get it over with and move to China!