Trump closing border with Mexico

Avocados.:joy:

I hate avocados.

2 Likes

What goods would that be???

No one seems to care about the trade deficit even though the money is used to buy the US.

Auto plants built in the US with trade deficit dollars. In China’s case they are buying our debt which will control this country. Imagine if China dumped 1 trillion in treasuries on the market over a 3 month period. Our dollar would crash.

Absolutely.
Pueblo Sin Fronteras is the group behind the migrant caravan
The paper trail from Pueblo Sin Fronteras leads back to a group called CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project. CARA encompass two legal groups, the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. and the American Immigration Council. Guess who’s funding them? … none other than radical leftist billionaire: George Soros.

1 Like

You mean the stuff that isn’t subject to the same FDA regulations and taxes like the stuff grown/produced here? Gosh, that would be absolutely terrible if we stopped importing all that garbage, wouldn’t it? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone else remember the foster farms chickens being imported from China that were being fed sewage before being slaughtered and shipped to the US? Who else thinks getting rid of such imports would be a bad thing?

1 Like

By the way, “Dave”, you might want to read this. You might learn something.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://scholarship.law.umn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1041%26context%3Dmjlst&ved=2ahUKEwjWyJPg9rHhAhVMvZ4KHdXlCt4QFjAYegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3S-4C1Bgp19g4UsmVPmwt4

George Soros’s money trail is always indirect. The MacArthur foundation which has donated money to People Without Borders has received donations from George Soros’s Open Society Foundations.

The MacArthur Foundation is also located in Chicago.

According to Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), “Food safety violations are an ongoing problem in China,” with 500,000 such violations filed in the first nine months of 2016 alone. She highlights a recent study showing that “87 percent of chicken sold in Chinese supermarkets contained drug-resistant bacteria.” Reviewing China’s “demonstrably poor food safety record,” she concludes that the U.S. decision to accept chicken from China “is a slap in the face to American consumers.” And not a surprising slap, given that, as she writes, “trade always trumps public health in the U.S.”

Even Democrats agree that importing food from China isn’t the smartest thing to be doing. Yet, here we are, still doing it anyway. Go figure. Gotta keep those businesses employing those lobbyists greasing our representatives’ palms making money, folks. Don’t worry about it.

What’s that you say, Timmy died last week from Salmonella poisoning? That’s terrible. Here, have some free chickens. We feel your pain.

1 Like

In 2018, Mexican avocado exports amounted to 2.392 billion in U.S. dollars. The U.S. and Canada accounting for most of those sales.

Looking at this little green fruity thing you would think just how innocent it is. But it’s not so innocent.

Some years back the Mexican Drug Cartels were looking for business to invest in so they could laundry their money. The Avocado farms were perfect. So every little green Avocado you purchase from Mexico a portion of that goes to a Mexican Drug Cartel.

Tequila from Mexico.

The smaller designer distillers pay Mexican Drug Cartel’s a percentage of their sales for protection.

2 Likes

Always buy fresh shrimp from a reliable source…if you buy shrimp at all.

Sometimes I go to the Gulf Coast and get mine right off the boat.

https://althealthworks.com/11401/vietnam-worker-confesses-shrimp-is-injected-with-a-chemical-for-profityelena/

1 Like

You make it more obvious with each post that you don’t understand the subject matter well enough to even have an opinion.

All you do is bark out partisan talking points.

Learn something, get informed, don’t simply parrot what you hear from democrats and MSNBC.

The value of any opinion is how well informed it is.

1 Like

One has to ask, where did we get all the things imported prior to imports.

Oranges still come from California, Arizona and California, sos what if we cannot have access to Mexico’s oranges.

We build auto’s in the US, so what if we don’t import auto’s made in Mexico.

There is virtually nothing Mexico produces that we cannot do without.

1 Like

I’m growing one in my back yard, I hope it produces fruit this year \

I shall extort my neighbors if they want one :wink:

1 Like

A little off-topic here but this revelation just came out too!

Well Avacado’s are not always healthy for you. If eaten regularly they can be toxic as they produce unhealthy levels of cooper.

The big issue with importing and not producing in America is if there was ever another World War we could be screwed. That was one big reason we won WW2. We never depended on imports for our Military everything was produced right here in America.

Our factories went into full production producing for the Military. We never depended on China or other countries for our steel. Our electrical parts were all made right here in America. If we ever had to fight a war with China we would be very hard pressed to produce enough for the Military to keep it going.

1 Like

You have been tutored here on why a wall is needed. Your additional whining is just Troll farts.

Trump won’t close the border because it will screw up his trade deal with Mexico. This is just a bluff. He’s full of shit and he’s not building a wall.