Trump closing border with Mexico

I guess these factories will shit out the steel they need.

Trump isn’t going to close the border because it would screw up his trade deal. Have you seen the commercials that he’s been running for this trade deal on Fox lately? He won’t do anything to screw that up. He’s the best negotiator ever. Only the best people.

I think that the deal gives Trump leverage to close the border. You’ve got this all wrong, friend.

1 Like

you dont think America produces steel here?

Not to the capacity that is required to satisfy demand. Boomers kneecapped the steel industry in the '80s and 90s so we could import cheap shit from overseas. The death blow was NAFTA.

no, the reality is the steel produced in America is too expensive for manufacturers to buy , same as for aluminium.
China products are cheaper even with the tariffs added to it, the bottom line is the bottom line, when you running a company and you have to answer to shareholders and existing employees (lucky enough to have a job) you have to profit or else you’re gone.

Jobs in the steel industry has been on the decline since the mid 70’s, technology was the main reason, I read an article ( Im trying to recall) that said in the 1980’s it too 10.1 man hours to produce 1 ton of steel, today its 1.5 man hours to produce 1 ton of steel.

Cant blame China for that.

how so?

NAFTA is a problem .

9 posts were split to a new topic: Trump Backs Down on Shutting Down Border with Mexico

I don’t think your logic and reasoning can be stated enough.

Honestly, it is as if everyone is living in a dream world where the worst thing that can happen is you don’t get a cake baked for you, you’re shunned in the women’s bathroom because no matter what self-immolation you inflicted upon yourself you are still a male and the list of petty, pampered crap goes on and on.

Never, ever depend on anything or anyone to the point that it weakens you. When you have the ability to produce, you have the ability to bargain from a standpoint of strength.

America has the ability to be self-sufficient. We have zero excuse to allow ourselves to ever be in a position of being screwed.

1 Like

Did you hear about the kids that are being “recycled”?

Kidnapped, assigned to illegals then back across the border to be assigned to another “family”?

1 Like

It is sad how easily misdirected and mislead some people can be.

I think it goes back to personal responsibility. If you cannot look yourself in the mirror and be honest then the next best thing is to find a “group” to direct your hate at.

2 Likes

Various sections of wall/fencing/barriers have been under constant construction since Trump took office.

Now it’s going into high gear.

No, that would be the EPA.

Perhaps you need to work your “Boomer Issues” out with your parents and grandparents and then sue your Jr High and High Schools for filling your head with shit instead of knowledge and for failing to even teach you how to think much less think critically.

We don’t have the industrial capability to produce all of those essential items here anymore and it would take years to rebuild that capability and train a workforce capable enough to do so.

Thirty days into a major war we’d been in deep shit.

During the peak of production during WWII we were turning out more than one destroyer a week, a new submarine every month, and aircraft carriers monthly as well.

We could produce hundreds of planes, tanks, trucks, jeeps and millions of rounds of ammo and ordnance each day.

One cyber attack could cripple our entire electrical grid for weeks or months shutting down over 80% of what little industrial production we have left and have the majority of our population starving, freezing, and dying in a week.

We’re more vulnerable today than we’ve ever been.

If Trump closes the border Mexico implodes in thirty days and both we and they know it.

Unless Mexico starts doing their part in controlling their own border stopping these caravans long before they ever get here the US is in serious trouble and we all know it but we have the economic power to survive it and they don’t.

No I have not, then again it wouldn’t surprise me. Think about what they are doing now? They are putting kids through razor wire in order to enter the country. What people would do that? These people are a bunch of scum of the earth lowlifes to put children through that horrific experience and endangering their lives. They should be put into jail for child endangerment, I wonder where the SJW’s are when it comes to that issue? Huh?

Simple, because they know that if their feet touch US soil and they have kids with them there’s basically no chance they are going to be deported for at least 5-7 years, “credible fear” or not.

This is why more than ever we have to secure the border. Word is out all through Mexico and Central America that this is the new yellow brick road to the US so barring intervention by Mexico it’s only going to get much, much worse.

Just by asking that question proves you are just rambling on about a topic you know little about.

so enlighten with your wisdom and expertise guy

you say we dont have the capacity , prove your case guy.

Exactly. Mexico depends on those exports. Without them Mexico has nothing. And on top of that think about the tourist trade which is around $6.217 billion annually.

Vegetables and fruits have a very short life cycle. Once picked it must go to market at once. In a weeks time Mexico would have tons of produce sitting in warehouses rotting away.

THE COST OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Here’s a great link: https://www.oann.com that actually shows what it’s costing. Simply scroll down until you see the clock

1 Like

Welcome. If you can tolerate the idiots and racists this place ain’t so bad.

1 Like