Trump Backs Down on Shutting Down Border with Mexico

Boomers or politicians???/

Your incessant rants against a generation instead of pointing out the real people responsible is reprehensible. Need me to tell you what the word means???

1 Like

Trump won’t do anything for those of us that voted him into office.

He will just do the bidding of the (((globalists))) that hate him and the bidding of corporate open borders interests. I guarantee it.

He’s a scam artist.

This just in: I don’t give a single fuck.

Round up every single illegal invader and ship them back.

If that country refuses to accept them, invade.

It’s time for our politicians to start living like men with purpose.

At least black unemployment is low.

Yeah, black unemployment hasn’t been this low since slavery :rofl:

1 Like

Personally I don’t think Trump ever wanted a wall, but it made for a great campaign slogan.

Trump steps back from Mexico border threat as companies warn of economic fallout

Border at ‘Breaking Point’ as More Than 76,000 Unauthorized Migrants Cross in a Month

More Migrants Are Crossing the Border This Year.

February had highest total of undocumented immigrants crossing U.S. border in 12 years

U.S. Projected to Add 1.5M Illegal Aliens to Population this Year

Border Patrol is going to let thousands of illegal aliens go free

I found the article you did not link to. Where did he back down?

Seems the New York Times says BULL SHIT!

By Jim Tankersleyand Ana Swanson

• April 2, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Trump acknowledged Tuesday that closing the southern border with Mexico could damage the United States economy, but said protecting America’s security was more important than trade.

In remarks from the Oval Office, Mr. Trump reiterated his threat to shut the border if Mexico, America’s third largest trading partner, cannot restrict a flow of asylum seekers trying to cross into the United States. But the president’s economic team, concerned about the damage from such a move, said it was looking for ways to limit the fallout if Mr. Trump does do so.

“Sure, it’s going to have a negative impact on the economy,” Mr. Trump said, adding, “but security is most important.”

“Security is more important to me than trade,” he said.

1 Like

Heh, thanks Lou.

Same thing I said. Uh… where exactly did he back down :thinking:

1 Like

I did link to it. Click the pic…I’m high speed like that. Read my OP.

Didn’t work for me.

But the question remains to the article. Where exactly did he “back down”?

Troll…
You said the same thing at the other place.

2 Likes

Trump’s own mouth isn’t a good source for you now?

So it’s all fake news and the border is secretly shut down?

He sure did back down. Went from this week to giving them a year. Guess he didn’t want to hurt the economy.

I wouldn’t use “Politico” as a credible source. However I will agree that he does seem to be backing down. Its was predictable based on the fact that the 2020 elections is so close that doing so would affect his chances pretty negatively. Consider this, the narrative right now and the best thing Trump has going for him is the economy with unemployment at a 49 year low. Imagine if Trump carried out his threat lets say tomorrow, then what? The negative impact economically would no doubt play right into the democrats hands. If he was already in his second term then I would totally support a full scorched Earth approach and get on with it, along with declassifying and a whole litany of other things that would be getting back at the big club and Democrats. He has to play a balancing act while the Wall Street RINOS and the Democrats try to run out the clock to prevent him from implementing his agenda. Literally there is trillions of dollars at stake here, so naturally everyone is gunning for him.

Negotiation and influence are subtle things.

He threatened the entire thing, now he goes to the jugular with Cars.
Even Cars are not that simple. The parts, and moreover the assemblies are made everywhere. The Globalists were not morons when they set this up. Everyone has the ability to stop everybody-elses assembly lines if trade disputes break out.

It’s a ripple effect. Ford can’t produce F-150s without thousands of sub assemblies. However, Trump could tariff or embargo fully assembled cars from Mexico. Global companies and their lawyers will find ways around this in weeks. An agile Executive branch might just stay a couple of weeks ahead of them.

The Stone Axe simplicity that some here seek would take the autocratic approach of FDR (in the WWII buildup) to restructure our manufacturing base to tell the rest of the world to take a hike.
Do you really want to accept communism to defeat it?

This is the eco-political equivalency of removing a brain tumor.

Stone axes are not useful here.

1 Like

Print

By Dave Boyer- The Washington Times - Thursday, April 4, 2019

As President Trumpprepares to visit the southern border, the White House is accusing Democrats of allowing the crisis of surging asylum seekers and gridlock at ports of entry to grow even worse.

“Democrats are leaving us absolutely no choice,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanderstold reporters Wednesday. “Eventually, it may be that it’s the best decision that we close the border.”

She noted that Customs and Border Patrol has had to redeploy 750 agents from ports of entry to shift officers elsewhere on the border.

“At this point, and it looks like we’re going to have to move more, which will force those lines to go longer to cross the border,” Mrs. Sanderssaid. “It’s unfortunate because this could have been something that we fixed if Democrats had been willing to work with us. Hopefully, they see the impact that it’s having on our border and on our border patrol agents and they’ll be willing to step up and do their jobs and help the president.”

Mr. Trumpplans to visit Calexico, California, on Friday to meet with law-enforcement officials and view a newly completed section of border wall. It’s the first major section of replacement wall during his presidency.

The president has threatened to close the border to deal with a new surge of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

“Even [President] Obama’s own secretary at Department of Homeland Security from the Obama administration, Jeh Johnson, has said that this is a crisis, people are starting to understand exactly what the president has said was going to happen all along,” Mrs. Sanderssaid.

Seems every leftist site spews the same garbage while other sites sen to report a different story.

Trump is an absolute failure. What a loser. Can’t even control the border of his own country, but he can pay for Israel’s wall.