Trump budget slashes $4.4T in spending, hits foreign aid and social safety

Why would you want to fire everyone at the Department of Energy and take all of their money? I think they do some important shit.

Read what I was responding to: it was the Department of Education.

No delegated power given the federal for any what they do among the several States. That it is considered “important” is not an amendment to the Constitution to make it lawful.

Also, I said nothing about taking money the employees have already got. Just ending the department and firing the lot.

2 Likes

Agree that. Any system that ensures the funding reaches the right recipients is fine by me. The trouble is that when there are so many millions of dollars/pounds sterling swilling around, it’s so easy to ‘lose’ a few of them; so your suggestion of materiel and not cash has merit.

He’s pretending to be smart since you didn’t abbreviate it as DoEd.

I avoid that abbreviation because some bureaucrat might look ad “Ed” and think: “Hey, we could have federal departments that regulate people by name! This could get me a promotion!”

Boomtards think this id the greatest economy in world history.

But can’t make a single payment on the debt.

The economy is doing well, tax revenues continue to increase.

We don’t have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

Solve that problem and we can begin whittling down the debt.

I regard the US government as almost identical to Weimar Germany. Instead of WW1 our artificial punitive debts are for colonialism, capitalism and western supremacy in general. We are a decaying state of degeneracy whose debts will never be paid - and should never be paid. They were never legitimate to begin with. Ideally they will collapse this clown government and resign it to the dustbin of history.

If “real 'Muricans” like yourself (CONservatives) actually cared about the US they wouldn’t be defending America’s antagonistic foreign policy and overseas Empire of 800+ foreign military bases which is bleeding the country, literally and figuratively.

Well done The Donald for slashing overseas/foreign aid. I wish our government would follow suit because most of the zillions we give to corrupt tin-pot countries ends up in private Swiss bank accounts.

Some of them don’t have the faintest idea of the bigger picture, and they prove it on here day after day.

quote The economy is doing well, tax revenues continue to increase.

We don’t have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

Solve that problem and we can begin whittling down the debt.
[/quote]

Is it? Not according to a Youtube documentary about the dire straits the American middle classes are in right now, and which is worsening by the day. Not to mention a staggering national debt.

This ‘clown government’ is smarter than you think - much smarter! Think yourself lucky that you have a conviction politician in the White House; he might be a bit gauche but at least he isn’t an establishment president.

The UK spends a pittance on foreign aid.

What I said is perfectly accurate and the US middle class is doing better than it has in 25 years.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/grover-norquist-middle-class-americans-110140704.html

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/09/us-median-household-income-up-in-2018-from-2017.html

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/09/us-median-household-income-up-in-2018-from-2017.html\

You are a clueless boob.

I can’t be bothered to correct you any longer; it’s like talking to a child. It’s enough that you believe the nonsense NASA churns out day after day, but to naively believe government statistics in these days of fake news and alternative facts is on another level.

This budget is ridiculous. The US has the most powerful economy in the history of the world, and yet we still don’t have universal healthcare, universal education, or affordable housing solutions. Production goes up while wages remain stagnant. Our infrastructure is falling apart. We’re doing nothing about climate change. However, we’ve got a record level stock market (that most Americans don’t benefit from) and robber-baron-level inequality.

2 Likes

I think the real takeaway is that at the end of the clip, the subjects of the psychological experiment choose to eat the rich.

This is just a pop-psychology experiment done on morning American television but there is honestly a lot of content there to be parsed. Good find.

So much BS. We don’t want UHC, we’ve had universal education from K-12 for a century, and “affordable housing” is nothing but welfare the removes much of the motivation for working hard and bettering yourself.

Real income is at an all time high.

Everyone who wisely invests with their retirement accounts benefits from the rising stock market.

Inequity? We have the highest levels of equality of opportunity in the world, the outcomes are up to us as individuals and parents.

You can’t correct me because you can’t refute the facts. All you “educate” us on is your own ignorance and conspiracy nut BS.