Trump budget slashes $4.4T in spending, hits foreign aid and social safety

Nothing more than a made up, simplistic demonstration of wealth inequality as being easily solved by forced redistribution. It ignores the causes related to being rich and being poor.

People stay poor because they keep doing things that make them poor. People that maintain and grow their wealth do so by doing things that produce income.

1 Like

You guys don’t understand the differences between individual net worth, corporate revenues, or even the basics of the wealth redistribution that you think you are talking about.

Nobody can “force” someone to part with their net worth; their net worth is/should be based not on the assets they hold, but what they themselves can do once they in particular are applied to the assets in question.

Money is like the electrical grid; it’s all tied together. Properly speaking, you can’t really “separate” things. Electrons go here, electrons go there; if it’s actually a “grid” then that implies that to be the case. It’s all interconnected, and the actual “real” job is for controllers and stations and service providers to keep a handle on the cross-connections and lines to make sure they can handle the load or pull that will be coming some way or other whether they like it or not. And it’d be better if economists and policymakers actually thought about their own jobs that way proper as well…

You can’t just make the system work differently because you don’t like how it works. If that’s what you think then you have absolutely no clue as to how complex systems, such as large finance and wealth management, actually work. This is why every single time communism has been tried, it’s failed.

2 Likes

Even simpler than that. Those who have the self discipline to live within their means thus growing their net worth also tend to be responsible in the other areas of their lives.

You’re of course correct. Even the millionaires and billionaires who inherit their wealth will have it working in the markets, real estate, businesses etc.

That money is circulating even if it’s all invested in CD’s, Money Market and bond funds.

Even if you’re sitting on a wealth of hard assets like gold and silver you have to sell them to pay the bills and fund your life style.

How do you think we got there? By rejecting the government being in control of our lives and choices.

If you’re young, housing isn’t affordable. It wasn’t when I was in my 20’s and for some it wasn’t until they were in their 30’s, married and stable enough jobs as to save for a down payment.

You can thank people like Bernie for wanting open borders for wages staying stagnant. The illegals work for a fraction of what an American requires while sucking the life out of our medical, education, welfare and legal system.

If you want wages to increase think supply and demand. The higher the demand and the lower the supply wages and benefits increase to attract workers.

Climate has changed since the beginning of time. There is no controlling it. The United States is leading in the reduction of pollution emission thanks to fracking which he (Bernie) wants to ban.

Your wants and desires for this country are not founded upon what this country is about and will send it into a slow and painful death spiral.

You can wish for these things all you want, but you won’t take me down with you as long as I can still vote and have a voice in my and my grandchildren’s futures.

Good point. Since we started turning over more and more control to the gov’t in the mid to late sixties look at how much relative economic power we’ve lost and how the debt has exploded.

You’d have all of those good things if your ‘leaders’ didn’t keep waging fucking wars all over the planet, and need to buy all that hardware to wage them; nor would you have the biggest national debt which no normal brain can possibly imagine. What is it now . . . $22tr? Is that number twenty-two thousand billion, or 22,200 million? :scream:

We neither need nor want them nor does our constitution give the federal gov’t plenary power to create or maintain them.

The Taxiing and Spending Clause is very specific as to the areas of constitutional spending.