Trump budget slashes $4.4T in spending, hits foreign aid and social safety

I believe the main obstacle with the wall was bidding companies. One that didn’t get a bid filed a lawsuit/complaint, which stopped everything temporarily. I think they have a green light presently, so hopefully they can build as much as possible.

Who doesn’t? But how much of the government funding and public appeals revenue actually gets to them, and how much ends up in private Swiss bank accounts? I’d take a guess 20% and 80% respectively. It’s why I never contribute to public appeals. Government funding I can’t do anything about.

It’s a good start but a lot of work to go.

Sadly there’s no chance we get anything but a compromise that looks much like what we saw in 2016 which turns out to be a spending spree for both parties.

There is of course zero evidence to support such a claim.

The DoEd should be cut to one office with about 20 employees passing out grants to states.

There’s no evidence to refute it either - unless you have one of your obscure link sources to prove it one way or the other?

You made the claim it’s up to you to support it.

Nobody getting welfare in the US has offshore bank accounts. Those would be reserved for the rich.

of the 1 percenter’s who do have offshore accounts, an even smaller percentage are drawing social security so what you claimed isn’t even possible.

I prefer that we never give money as aid. We should give staple goods, building materials, medicines, medical services and such. No money.

Most of the foreign aid dollars, fortunately aren’t being exported as dollars.

I think it’s 90% of all military foreign aid has to be spend in the US with US defense contractors.

Unfortunately much of the relief aid going to the poorest countries, be that foodstuffs, medicine, medical supplies, goes mainly t Africa and ends up being seized and controlled by various warlords to support their armies/militias.

But as you said above, whatever form it takes it doesn’t get distributed to those who need it. I’d guess most of it is capitalized into the pockets and bank accounts of those who are responsible for that distribution.

And you have no evidence to support the supposition.

:roll_eyes: And you have none to refute it.

But those things that can be monitored by an inspector assigned to the country receiving it. We shouldn’t trust any of the government officials there to do it. Prime example: Puerto Rico.

The huge stashes were found in warehouses. Whether they had been sold or not has not been determined (that I know of). The goods can be impounded and distributed as intended, but it will require someone NOT associated with the government of Puerto Rico to accomplish this fairly.

They could be indeed but then you’d be putting those aid workers in very dangerous positions so we’d need a substantial troop deployment in each of those countries to protect them.

Of course, once it leaves the main distribution points it would be totally out of our control.

PR’s entire gov’t needs to be removed for cause and replaced.

Not wishing to be contentious here, but I’ll bet those inspectors that you mention, as is implicit in your reference to ‘government officials’, are government appointees.

No in most cases they are UN or NGO employees.

They can be, but what I’m talking about are inspectors from the US tasked with assuring the goods get to where they were intended. I exclude any and all inspectors that work for the government of the country (or possession) that we are trying to help.

Any such inspector that worked under me would have to show proof of distribution of the goods to the people in need…such as VIDEOS of lines of people with smiling faces.

100% of DoE spending cut along with handing out pink slips to all employees with be nice.