Trump Adds Ken Starr, Alan Dershowitz to Impeachment Trial Defense Team

Yet the moderate democrat march lock step with what the party wants.

Jason Crow is the perfect example.

The left is complaining loudly as they donā€™t want the president to have competent representation.

I am speaking about the people, not the politicians :wink:

1 Like

Of course they donā€™t. Their boat sunk long ago and they are hanging on by a frayed thread. :wink:

The democrat people are no different from their politicians.

Jason Crow was ran as a moderate democrat yet follows the leftists as a manager.
The people in this country will march lock step regardless of the candidate selected by their super delegates. The democrats are marching lock step into impeachment unable to accept that half the country rejected their candidate.

You and I may disagree here.

I think from the Kavanaugh hearings to the way the House impeached Trump is an eye opener for many who reject the shenanigans of what they may have once believed was a respectable party.

Agreed that defending Trump isnā€™t an ā€œissueā€. Defendants are entitled to a vigorous and competent defense no matter if their lawyer thinks they are guilty or not. This is just another bedrock legal principle tossed overboard by the impeachment crazed Resistance. :wink:

Dershowitzā€™s role is to explain the Constitutional definition of impeachment and why the Democrats articles of impeachment fail to meet the standard. Democrats on the House judiciary committee called 3 blatantly partisan so-called Constitutional experts to manufacture counts for impeachment. But no, Republicans arenā€™t allowed to introduce Constitutional expertise to disrupt their dog and pony show. :roll_eyes:

Tobin showed himself to be Dershowitz student when he began whining about the Constitution needing ā€œinterpretationā€ as he thrashed around feebly trying to respond to the fact the 2 counts of impeachment donā€™t measure up to the specification contained in the text.

Yes thatā€™s your opinion, and Dershowitz has his . Like I pointed out elsewhere, Johnathan Turley argued that the abuse doesnā€™t have to be indictable when it was Clinton being impeached, and Lindsey Graham argued the sameā€¦then.

Hello, the subject is Dershowitz and his role on Trumpā€™s team

Despite what the Constitution specifies as grounds for impeachment and the requirements laid out by Speaker Pelosi Resistance Democrats insist Trump must be guilty of something, just redefining the standard down to a catch all of abuse of power or abandon the pretext of standards altogether. :roll_eyes:

Dershowitz can run circles around you or me any day of the week. He cares about the Constitution more than he cares about his own political leanings.

You and your ilk should take notes. He clearly votes dem but I am okay with him because he defends the Constitution.

Why is a Constitutionalist so frightening to you and not to me?

The key phrase that people like Monte and Toobin will predicate any argument on when speaking about the constitution is ā€œit needs to be interpreted!ā€ This is right out of the progressive playbook that uses Derridaā€™s ā€œdeconstructionā€ method of ā€œrelativismā€ to make up anything to mean what they want it to mean. The age of Post Modernism brought this discourse we are in with such absurd arguments of the left!

image image

No, Toobin schooled him by pointing out heā€™s very much Trumps attorney, not some neutral arbiter defending the constitution as heā€™s representing himself. Suggesting heā€™d do the same for HRC bwahahahahahaā€¦

No he didnā€™t school him but that doesnā€™t stop you from expressing your delusional rants here!

Trump is free to hire anyone he wants and you are just butthurt that it happens to be Dershowitz that will ultimately interpret the constitution and sink your hopes of impeachment! Cry some more!

1 Like

Well, if heā€™s a constitutionalist, then he supports allowing witnesses at trial.

That also goes both ways! Once you open that can of worms then Schiff, the Whistle blower and Hunter Biden are fair game! Careful what you wish for as this could end very badly for your side!

1 Like

ROTFLMAO.

The witnesses should be limited to the witness the democrats called in the House.

Plus the defense witnesses. Sorry but that is the way it should work.

Excluding of course hearsay evidence.

1 Like

You give far more credit to the people registered as democrats that they deserve.

1 Like

With one exception none of the witnesses called by the House could provide anything but hearsay. The listener to the call couldnā€™t give any evidence that wasnā€™t in the publicly available transcript.

And there you have it, end of the story.