Trump Adds Ken Starr, Alan Dershowitz to Impeachment Trial Defense Team

Trump Adds Ken Starr, Alan Dershowitz to Impeachment Trial Defense Team

By ZACHARY EVANS

January 17, 2020 11:01 AM

President Trump has added attorneys Ken Starr and Alan Dershowitz to his defense team ahead of the impeachment trial proceedings.

Starr led the impeachment prosecution against Bill Clinton. Starr and Dershowitz will be joined by attorney Robert Ray, and will work with White House counsel Pat Cipillone and Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow.

Dershowitz “is participating in this impeachment trial to defend the integrity of the Constitution and to prevent the creation of a dangerous constitutional precedent,” a spokesman for Trump’s legal team said in a statement.

“While Professor Dershowitz is nonpartisan when it comes to the Constitution — he opposed the impeachment of President Bill Clinton and voted for Hillary Clinton — he believes the issues at stake go to the heart of our enduring Constitution,” the statement continued

1 Like

Outstanding! Just freaking outstanding! Lawfair punks are about to get their lunch money stolen!

2 Likes

Wait a minute…so Trump just added Jeffrey Epstein’s lawyer to his legal team? What!!! :rofl:

Why the hell would he do that?

1 Like

Lawyers are obligated to represent their clients no matter how what they have done.Dershowitz has few peers when it comes to Constitutional issues.Who wouldn’t hire him???
President Trump has given himself the best team to fight the Dems stupid impeachment charges.

2 Likes

How will Subjective Libs go toe to toe with Objective Dershowitz? The man is a legend. I expect he will eat them alive. I believe if he didn’t think Trump would walk away, he would not be representing him.

1 Like

That’s got me sore from coughing laughter…

They’re also obligated to accept as client every person that rings their lines…:thinking:

Blackpill of the day: Ken Starr & Alan Dershowitz were JEFF EPSTEIN’S attorneys in Palm Beach, Florida! These are the men who got Epstein his “sweetheart deal” in negotiations w/ prosecutor Alex Acosta, Trump’s former Secretary of Labor who resigned in disgrace last year.

1 Like

It’s cool, Alan Dershowitz “kept his underwear on” while receiving massages from underage girls at Epstein’s pedo palace, he’s innocent and should totally be representing the President in front of the entire world. This is completely normal.

2 Likes

OMFG the orange slob thought it was a good idea to have an accused sex offender and disgraced college president to be a part of the most hypocritical defense team ever…

…and the fact that people here are celebrating this is just as predictable as it is revolting.

1 Like

Maybe top gop leaders think it’s time for Trump to go but want to give the appearance of defending him to not alienate the red hatters. Or they’ve made their protestations to Trump over it heard, and he just won’t listen…

Any attorney can walk away from any potential client.

Obviously you have never been involved in a lawsuit.

1 Like

Quite so.

Attorney shopping is a “thing”. Go consult with the biggest and baddest players out there and get in first. Then, they have to decline the case if your opponent tries to hire them. :grin:

1 Like

Well clearly it’s the type of representation he’s always had, the fixer is doing time now…

Th leftists here would have been thrilled if Trump would have said I don’t need an attorney.

However as a business person he is well aware of hiring the best.

Nor is a practitioner of the law but pretends to be an expert of it. To the progressive Neo-Maoists every argument is predicated on “me-feelings” rather than the facts!

1 Like

Dershowitz says he’s not taking money for work on Trump legal team

Attorney Alan Dershowitz said Friday night that he will not be pocketing any money for his work on President Trump’s impeachment defense team.

During an appearance on “Anderson Cooper 360,” the attorney said that the details of his payment arrangement haven’t “been discussed” yet, but added: “If I were to be paid, all the money would go to charity.”

“I will not take a single penny of payment that I would keep based on what I’m doing,” he said. “I’m doing this because I strongly believe in the Constitution. I strongly oppose the impeachment. I worry about the weaponization of impeachment and it could be used in other cases.”

1 Like

This was a great exchange Toobin is a moron! A Democratic schill!

1 Like

I love this comment, he makes it more than clear enough for the progressive left.

When will the Liberals protest outside Dershowwitzs house??