Trump Adds Ken Starr, Alan Dershowitz to Impeachment Trial Defense Team

Why would they do that?

Because of him defending Trump in the Senate.

Dershowitz defended Epstein, I think if anything liberals are mocking the kind of people Trump hires to defend himself. Remember, heā€™s got another attorney serving time right nowā€¦

Alan Dershowitz said he will be working pro bono for the president during the Senate impeachment trial

I think Jonathan Turley would be a great choice; while he didnā€™t vote for Trump, and likely finds him odious, he defends the constitution, and recognizes a political hit job when he sees it.

Good they are excellent lawyers.

Trumps dream team. If the allegations donā€™t fit , you must aquit . To bad Johnny Cochran is dead.

That really was a great exchange. Dershowitz ate his lunch! :laughing:

Lol, his support of the constitution can be subjective at times. And I think thereā€™s reasons why he hasnā€™t been picked for that job. Like Lindsey Graham, he argued during the Clinton impeachment that a presidents conduct didnā€™t have to be indictable to be impeachable.

In 2010 he represented a federal judge in Louisiana that had taken bribe money from lawyers who had cases before him. In impeachment hearings led by then senator Jeff Sessions, the judge was convicted and removed from office by a unanimous vote.

And again in an op-ed in the Washington Post in 2014 he argued that a president doesnā€™t have to have committed a crime to be impeached.

Then thereā€™s the matter of Trump jumping on that temporary band wagon last month because he heard something on Fox News, suggesting that sense Pelosi hadnā€™t delivered the AOIā€™s to the senate, he hadnā€™t really been impeached, to which Johnathan Turley threw cold water on, ending Trumpā€™s tweets on that.

So no, heā€™s too much of a live cannon for Trump.

Defending Trump isnā€™t the issue, pretending to be a neutral, nonpartisan arbiter in the case as he was doing in the exchange with Jeffrey Toobin on Anderson Cooperā€™s program, is. And Toobin quickly schooled him on that. Heā€™s Trumpā€™s attorney.

You might want to learn how to spell first before trying to present yourself as a legal expert. Just saying.

yok

Actually, Trump hiring attorneys of dubious character is apropos to himā€¦

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jack_burkman/status/1218688459608477696?ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.citizenfreepress.com%2Fbreaking%2Frumors-swirl-salacious-photos-of-adam-schiff-with-druggie-donor-ed-buck%2F

That would be a kick in the pants right about now, wouldnā€™t it? :rofl:

1 Like

I think he knows it too! :rofl:

1 Like

So did ALL of Hollywood and every liberal moron out there !!!

1 Like

Trump is going to hire whomever he wants.

Lefties are going to criticize anyone. It is what they do best. :laughing:

Dershowitz is adamant about protecting the Constitution and legitimate thresholds for impeachment. He is very clear that he puts his stance above partisanship. And, good for him. We need more like him that put their party secondary to protecting and defending the Constitution.

I reflect back on how much damage and how much more the democrats are dividing the country. This will likely not end well.

1 Like

They have really shown their true colors. They have come out of the closet on who they really are and what they stand for.

I think moderate democrats and independents are appalled.

It likely will not end well for the democrats. IMO, they have destroyed their party and allowed it to be hijacked by the likes of AOC and the ā€œsquadā€. This is NOT the face of what represents the majority of America.

1 Like