Trader Talk Thread šŸ’±

A thread for traders to share their thoughts.:moneybag::thinking:

Disclaimer: For training and educational purposes only.

2 Likes

In less than an hour we have NFP news. Major mover in the market. Watch the US dollar. :moneybag:Place your betsā€¦ or not. Definitely donā€™t bet the farm.
https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

Weekly EUR/USD

Screenshot_2

So far targeting dotted line below.

My%202%20cents

1 Like

Which came in roughly on the numbersā€¦

After a pause the US$ went strong :+1: :smiley:
So I went to fetch people from ā€˜up the roadā€™, and while I was out it turned weak again.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If youā€™re scalping you canā€™t walk away unless youā€™ve got your SL and TP already set.

Screenshot_4

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I caught the big move down on CJ. Sheer luck. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A big move might be in the pipeline. If they intervene there is normally a day or two between ā€œthe warningā€ and the move.

2 Likes

Well I am glad I closed my yen positions. CJ has bounced off a big demand zone on the daily.

I feel GBP has to be close to its limit. It is way oversold /bought depending on who you are.

I donā€™t think it will sink to below the lowest this century of 1.19.

Forget about the other RH.
This one is the money maker!
Jensā€™ $ignal $ervice!
Boom! :wink:

1 Like

Lol, itā€™s not rocket science. I told Toss about our new trader thread, all because his pal trashed Stuā€™s.

All these arguments about what works or doesnā€™tā€¦ everything works if you pick the right things to trade and nothing works if you pick the wrong thing.

3 Likes

20992609_10213189899769476_7815186796072448288_n

2 Likes

ahh ā€¦refuge

https://youtu.be/NAEppFUWLfc

3 Likes

When price breaks, we could be off. But it will likely bounce around a bit.

Cheers Alex, I hope the air stays fresh in here ! :+1:

1 Like

A recent hypothesis, which seems reasonable, is that a hard Brexit will cause GBP to go down further, and a smooth or agreed exit will cause GBP to rise again ā€¦ in which case an acquaintance has indicated that he will go in heavy and long on Cable or something.

In reality there is liely to be hard Brexit with some sort of patch-up, a gentlemanā€™s agreement ( :rofl: ) to move in a particular direction. So then I guess price will wobble a bit, or a lot, whilst people figure out what is likely to happen next.

I really donā€™t understand any of Project Fear. Nobody has ever said why. I think itā€™s like the year 2k scaremongering. Nothing will happen with a ā€œhard Brexit.ā€

1 Like

For all in the UK the falling pound isnā€™t necessarily a bad thing.
Exports increase, tourism increases.

1 Like

Investments increase, lots of people need to buy Ā£ and Ā£ goes up. We donā€™t export much. Our biggest are financial services, arms and music. So go pick a fight with someone and buy more ginger millennial music (Ed Sheeran, who sings about bleaching his arsehole.)

1 Like