Trader Talk Thread 💱

This is where I was at in Jan with a 31 March leaving date.

I’ll stick with it but just like Treason May might need an extension on end of year ! :laughing:

Still it’s only 4k pips or so away and cable can do that in 3 months or so with the wind behind it.

Disclainer !
Trading Is A Risky Business Don’t Risk What You Can’T Afford To Lose … :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

That is the problem, we do not export much at all and GBP has fallen from the global currency king-pin position it once had.

However the real problem is confidence. A bankster being interviewed recently opined that current business investment had fallen to near zero, and it is true to say that when the EU wants to start getting uppity the automotive industry will suffer. Also the financial services sector will suffer since it will require licenses to operate in the EU, or a bunch of new offices will open in e.g. Frankfurt.

On the up side tourism should blossom, and fewer Brits will go abroad for holidays due to the awful exchange rate. The UK’s oil and gas industry will boom as it fulfils local demand, gas particularly.

Manufacturing should thrive as the UK’s labour rates become competitive. That might take a while though.

If we don’t do a deal, then as we export so little, it’s not going to be us who suffers. It will be the German car manufacturers. We are their second largest market just a tad behind the US, but the US is 5-6 times our size in terms of population. The EU will slap tariffs on our exports, big bloody deal, but we will do the same to them. Trump has been moaning about the crap deal they have with the EU. He will slap on tariffs too. So Germany are screwed. Even with the help of the other European basket cases helping to keep the Euro down, that will not be enough. Boris and Trump will work together to bring down the EU.

1 Like

Germany is already teetering on the brink of recession.

So … short when 1.20 fails … and then long from 1.05 :smile:

It’s broken through the trendline today and it’s currently retracing back to it. Buy limit near the line I reckon. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We got a new home???

3 Likes

Hello Jim… :hugs:

1 Like

Hello Jim. Welcome back.
Dr Madhatter derailed the other thread by being too much of a constant distraction and a spoiled brat.
This is in the RH category so it’s troll free.

1 Like

Hellooooo Jim!! :hugs:

As you will soon find out I gained myself a couple more unhinged stalkers. Worse than Winston. :joy:

1 Like

Go long on Lawn choppers ! Good to see ya Jim !!

1 Like

I have some buy levels that are full of cobwebs under that. :grin:

1 Like

LOL

But silver is the one to watch now.

Interesting that risk-aversion is driving gold but silver didn’t follow.

It will! - then it will take over the lead

The problem is J P Morgan has been short for many years on silver so the price has been artificially kept low. If they unwind from all those positions will they stop or are they going to continue? The fix is in.

1 Like

They follow over here from the tomb or you found some new ones. :rofl: Nice thing bout being a cranky old fart – nobody much wants to mess wit you! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Mag, bet you having a ball with gold these days???

1 Like

Trading less these days as leave prior to US market opening and getting home after London close. My truck is net capable so trading on the run when opportunity presents. Try to post couple soon. We took our limit of work this year but closing some and back to normal Sept. Try to post a day job shortly.