The Rabbit Hole

I’m sure she would but I was thinking more…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcqQsL9dsU

Rick-the-Toss is back, in the Corona Virus thread

:unamused:

From what I understand, M25 was built for a military purpose, like the current lockdown, and not so much for traffic reasons.

Maybe there’s a quiet coup d’etat occurring.

I would consider him to be high risk category, in spite of his age, as a septic mind must lead to a poisoned body, and he lives in germ infested London.

Do you know the average speed for the M25 is 25mph? How would we manage without it? :thinking:

If the vaccine comes from Israel, don’t take it.
So says Simon Parkes, who is ■■■■■■■ (His mum is English but converted to Judaism to marry a ■■■■■■ guy from Iran. Thus he is not Khazarian)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOywI4WLXcM

Things are absolutely normal in Japan.
Somewhat less people on trains, but stores and restaurants are open, there’s toilet paper in most stores (no alcohol for sanitizing)
No concerts and sports events (sumo was broadcast live without any spectators).

People are annoyed and inconvenienced but no panic.

This country is a colony of the US, therefore no coup can occur.

1 Like

Corbbett agrees - he lives in Japan

The best video he did was on 911 and Bin Laden.
(I just can’t find it now).
He’s a former journalist, so he knows the trade.

There’s another Canadian joo living in Japan, Benjamin Fulford, who gets info fed from certain CIA sources, but I don’t like him at all.

So is that jitss guy :flushed:

1 Like

Think you mean this one - a classic.

2 Likes

No matter how shocking, we cannot let ourselves be swayed into irrational responses. I’m sure I would be able to find a story of a young person getting run over by a bus, so what should we do, ban people going on buses? We need to judge on overall numbers, not individual cases, with a rational rather than emotional response. The world is in danger of making the cure worse than the problem. How many suicides could there be from lost livelihoods? More than those who die from Coronavirus, with a large number already a burden on society?

1 Like

The anecdotal bus incident is not entirely equivalent to the anecdotal virus incident in that buses have already been determined dangerous to people of all ages. COVID-19 has not.

However, buses do not have to mutate to be dangerous to all ages of people. This virus apparently does. It may indeed do so.

My brother recently sent me an email that he got from a friend.

Read this completely and you may question the degree to which you may be convinced already that young people have nothing to fear from COVID-19.

This is the best explanation I have heard.

From a friend:

Hello All,
I found the following email helpful in shedding light on the current situation. I had two of my friends/family with Doctorates in the medical fields (PharmD and a Doctor of Nursing) review it before I sent it on. Both agreed to it’s accuracy.

Hope you to find this informative.

God Bless you all.

Stolen from Ryan Beaumont who is a respiratory therapist in Nashville. The best explanation I’ve seen so far.

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand…

It has to do with RNA sequencing… I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year… you get immunity two ways…through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals… the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans… then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity… the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now… sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human… once that happens…we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be…

H1N1 was deadly…but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus… it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long…but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person… But here is the scary part… in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity…doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs…

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza… this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater…And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L…which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed…(honestly…I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation…

And let me end by saying…right now it’s hitting older folks harder… but this genome is so slippery…if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks… acting like you’re unafraid is not the answer.
#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks… and share this to those that just are not catching on.
Hi Wanda,
Yes this is an accurate account of the virus development process. You can re-share. This virus will reshape the world. As with the Black Plague and 1918 Pandemics, I suspect great things will come to society on the other side of this virus.

What should we do then, shut down society in case it mutates to be dangerous to the young too? For how long? I read a report this morning saying that half of the UK population might already have been exposed to it. That is why testing has become a bigger thing here. They are going antibody tests, meaning finding out who is immune to it as well as who has got it. Why has Germany apparently got a much lower death rate? Or have they? They are testing extensively. At the moment we only test those who arrive at hospital, presumably with severe enough symptoms.

When Boris shut down the country on Monday, he made it clear it was not to overwhelm the health service. No health service in the world would be able to cope. The idea is to “flatten the curve” but it is accepted that the area under the curve would remain the same, i.e. the same number would get ill and potentially die, but with less stretched resources, maybe they could save more lives.

I have been searching for how long the shutdown is anticipated to be. Looks like you will be open for Easter. France say 6 weeks, but they are already a couple in. Then on Sky news, I saw 3 weeks for us, so maybe similar to you. We need an end in sight.

The vulnerable should isolate, like Henry VIII did, but it shouldn’t be forced on all of us. Henry VIII didn’t put everyone under house arrest.

I think not. I think what we should do is minimize our exposure as much as possible and be aware of all known symptoms so we can seek treatment as soon after being infected as possible.

We should also support efforts to develop a cure and a vaccine.

There will probably be a vaccine soon. One will be rushed through. Whether it will work or not is another matter. The flu vaccine is around yet why do so many still die? Because the virus mutates, so in other words it doesn’t work? But it gives many reassurance, false or otherwise. Pharma will be the big winners. They can just push out a placebo. At least it will stop the hysteria.

1 Like

Rick’s English has improved, however punctuation still baffles him.

:rofl:

I think the shut downs were to slow the spread to give us time to get masks and ventilators made. Also, to see what medicines may or may not work. We definitely don’t want to be like Italy and have to turn people away because there is no room in the hospitals.

1 Like

Those of you who wonder why I do not always respond … I am still working, even though I am ‘retired’. I took a career change in 2012 and now exist/survive (with reasonable ease) on my stock market holdings and FX trading (which has taken a surprisingly long time to get under control). I love my new career as much as I loved my old one (electronics and software) and with a career comes a degree of commitment which does not lie within these threads.

I came here this morning specifically to air findings concerned with COVID-19

Reading your post with embedded email … that makes a lot of sense.

Yes, I think I just read the same article. A couple of weeks ago I read a list of symptoms describing the effects of COVID-19. As I reached the end I thought to myself "I had exactly this experience back in December/January.

Specifically I started feel crappy between Christmas and the New Year, and thought wryly how it was ‘typical’. Warned my son away at the time to protect particularly my small grandson, and eventually got better. It was a longer journey than I expected, exhibited two or three different phases one of which was a cough. The SO had it too, ended up on antibiotics because she is ‘susceptible’ having had pneumonia about 20 years ago.

I deliberately managed my ‘cough’ phase. I am an asthmatic and take daily inhaler doses except when I forget. I forget because my condition is controlled and I don’t have any problems in my life due to asthma, none whatsoever. One of my inhalers is a cortico-steroid and I deliberately reduced that intake to zero for about 3 days and doubled up the salbutamol to compensate. I did that because the cortico-steroid suppresses the immune response and it can allow other ‘germs’ to thrive where the normal body immune system would deal with them. So I deliberately switched-on the normal immune system.

I am still here as you can see. The whole experience was unpleasant and protracted. Here is an article which is maybe the one that Jen read. :+1:

Coronavirus may have infected half of UK population, according to experts

3 Likes