The Rabbit Hole

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/wTP2RUD_cL0

https://youtu.be/ysKhbaLyIFw

2 Likes

:grinning: Havenā€™t listened to Silhouettes ā€œGet a Jobā€ in years. U definitely a walkā€™in talkā€™in music directory! :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™m not a firearm owner but I am considering it.

What does this mean? I though all guns needed a license?

No license or FFL required, order direct

https://americanguncraft.com/product/diablo-break-open-blued-finish-12-gauge-pistol-rosewood-grip/

If youā€™ve not owned or fired handguns, youā€™d best not start with a 12 gauge handgun. Get a quality revolver or semiautomatic pistol in the range of 9mm up to .45caliber.

Whatever you start with, shoot one at a target range before choosing what to buy.

2 Likes

I agree completely with Asar. This is sold without normal paperwork because it is a breech loader ā€“ meaning you break it open and load it in back of the barrel. It is not a weapon for a inexperience shooter. I will advise you as I would advise my daughter (who is a excellent marksman). I would take a concealed weapons course, go to a reputable weapons merchant and get educated on what works for you. My wife is proficient with a Smith and Wesson .38 hammer-less revolver. All members of my immediate family have a concealed weapons permit. Much rather have a weapon and not need it than other way around. Good luck.

1 Like

Can I just say you guys are awesome?

Yes. I know I need to do this. I am playing with fire.

Being proficient at shooting targets is not the same to me as training for real life situations. IF there were a place I could go that taught me to train that way, Iā€™d be all over it.

Until thenā€¦ Shooting at targets is justā€¦ well? False confidence?

Does that make sense?

It is true that shooting people is quite different from shooting targets (or practicing accuracy on cans, bottles, rats, or whatever). I have never shot at a person. Hopefully, I never will have the need to.

I use targets that are shaped like upper torso. The kill zones are red. You must familiarize yourself with you weapon sufficiently to perfect your grip on the weapon in order to know where the shot will hit when you fire. It hardly ever hits the point of aim.

You also need to practice shooting from different distances. I practice at 10ā€™, 20ā€™, 30ā€™ most often.

Also, you should perfect a two-handed grip AND a single handed grip. Depending on the situation, you may not be able to use both hands.

I consider it very important to practice, practice, practice. For over a year, I went to an indoor range weekly. Now I go about once every three months. Iā€™ve likely shot thousands of practice rounds.

1 Like

Agreed. However, I am not inclined to think that practice on a target means confidence. I tend to think that is a base line.

What I want to do asaratis is to move through scenarios. Only after I am familiar with the gun

Until then? I donā€™t think I have the right to wield it correctly.

I think that no matter how many scenarios you conjure up hypothetically, none will ever match the first real one that you encounter.

My intent, should an encounter arise and I am forced to decide to shoot someone, I will pretend that the person I intend to shoot is just another target and hope that my practice at accuracy was not wasted.

2 Likes

Go online and look up national rifle association training course. You will not only get some excellent training on firearm use, but most of the trainers I know will also give you some good info on the mental and emotional conditions associated with defending yourself.

2 Likes

I suspect it would be very easy for you to squeeze a round off in an instance your or your familyā€™s life was in danger ā€“ with no regrets.

1 Like

Exactly so. I have some unrelated friends I would also kill for.

1 Like

It does. A good friend (a retired Army Ranger) and I go to the range every couple months and fire several hundred rounds in several weapons ā€“ both rapid fire and slow target. Becoming comfortable with your weapon does instill confidence.,

1 Like

Your baseline is that you need to know how your firearm behaves when you use it. Some people possess little strength in their grip, and if you are one of these you need to discharge a 9mm or whatever a few times at a range in order to be able to use it if you have to.

As Asar said, hopefully you will never need to.

1 Like

Why I donā€™t want American women in combat when the shit really hits the fan. Can you imagine a group of women with 75 -125 pound packs wading through the surf against a curtain of steel on D Day???

9b00eae67f86502802f2364f9df8ea91

1 Like

Orwellā€™s 1984

1 Like

Itā€™s a sign of a sick, sick world when we have to re-define what a woman is and what a man is.

Like reinventing a wheel?

Better approach: Define what a man is not and what a woman is not.

Do take a firearms course first. Itā€™ll be fun and very educational.