The Rabbit Hole

2 Likes

FFS. It is harder to get out than to get in. We regularly get stopped and searched at Dover going out by border force but never once coming in.

1 Like

Oil of oregano kills viruses. You can take it internally, but it needs to be diluted first, a few drops in about a spoonful of coconut oil. I got some and tried it…

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::joy: Bloody hell, if you think ACV is hard going!

1 Like

I can’t believe you wrote that … unless your use of the term “dark side” is different from my understanding. The “dark side” is never visible from Earth.

As someone who watched as much as could be viewed at the time, July '69, I am reminded of the procedure involved in transiting from the Command module to the Lander. After the motor-burn which took the ensemble out of earth-orbit and on towards the moon the Lander was separated from the rest of the payload and subsequently re-attached to the nose of the Command module. The attachment point included a hatch through which astronauts could pass between the two modules.

I believe that the docking process was practised on the Apollo-10 mission, and if not then by some other means. The whole process is fail-safe ( :rofl: ) because in the event of docking failure the mission does a circuit of the moon and returns to earth.

Two docking events took place. The first after leaving earth-orbit and the second after the Lander capsule blasted-off from the moon’s surface. After this second docking the remains of the Lander were jettisoned to crash onto the moon. The Command module went around to the dark side of the moon before commencing their final motor-burn which took the craft out of moon-orbit and back to Earth.

The orbit had to pass over the dark side, to use any other orbit would have required a considerable amount of fuel. Technically the Command module could have orbited the Moon on a trajectory always visible from earth. Practically the establishment of that orbit, and the return to Earth phase, would have required such a lot of extra fuel it may have been impossible to achieve. By which I mean they could not have reached the Moon whilst carrying all the fuel required to please yourself with the lunar-orbit.

1 Like

The famous earth rise photo was faked, because the curvatures don’t match the actual sizes of earth and moon.
Or so I heard.

But again, with NASA anything is possible:
Apollo 11 landed on the moon.
No, it was a studio show.

There is a face on Mars.
No, there isn’t.

There was Mars civilization that got nuked out of existence.
No, there’s no such thing; only bacteria ever existed.

There is US-led Space Corps already colonizing various planets in the solar system and beyond.
No, it’s only fantasy.
And so on

Can the Queen rescind his being knighted? That would serve Sir Turd proper returns for his disdain of Brits.

I never really liked that little, short, fat bastard anyway. Some of his songs are great, but he is not fit for cannon fodder.

2 Likes

Well you should because I did. And I am correct in saying it. The view is from the side of the moon that we cannot see. That should be patently obvious. Most of the portion of the moon that you do see in that photo is never visible from Earth…therefore it is part of the “dark side” (even though it is lit up by the sun).

Additionally, there are several black and white photos of Earth rising that were made prior to the loading of color film into the camera. These photos show the Earth emerging from the horizon that separates the “dark side” hemisphere from the earth-facing hemisphere.

In the image below, the geometry of the exposure (shows Earth, Moon and camera positions) for a photo taken by a lunar orbiter. The same geometry applies to the photos taken the the astronauts.

It is clear that the camera was above the “dark side” of the moon. They weren’t standing on the moon…they were high above the surface of the moon.

Earth Rise

Screenshot_15

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCNGcbwxWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKbq2M77sN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOuTBQIqZQQ

1 Like

Screenshot1

5 Likes

It;s a wonderful day in the neighborhood!!

5 Likes

Please accept my apologies. I had overlooked that the camera was not on the surface of the moon.

1 Like

No need for apologies. It was a mere oversight on your part. That doesn’t make you a bad person.

It happens to me quite often…especially when I am looking for my glasses.

1 Like

Hi Jim.

4 Likes

Whazz up Al. Man, I live the American dream! Lowe’s card with discount. Citi Walmart card with discounts. My favorite places! Bought something at both today! :grinning:

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes

Oh yeah, where are all the liberals who wanted to move to Canada after 2016 Hillary defeat?

1 Like