The Rabbit Hole

It is as printed on the bottle.

Sure. But turmeric is not 95% curcuminoids. Turmeric contains 3% curcumin. Curcumin contains 77% curcuminoids. Just because someone has printed it on a bottle does not make it factual.

The claim is that 100mg of the contents of each gel cap is 95% curcuminoids.

2 capsules per serving. Therefore 2 capsules contain 1200mg turmeric. 600mg per capsule of which 50mg contain 95% curcuminoids. So 47.5mg curcuminoid per capsule.

This curcumin extract contains 250mg curcumin per capsule of which 95% are curcuminoids. So 237.5mg of curcuminoids per capsule.

I think at the very least your bottle is misleading and confusing as to the amount of curcuminoids are in the capsules. It leads you to believe 95% of 1200mg are curcuminoids.

Not if you comprehend what is written. It plainly says that 1200mg is other than 95% Curcuminoids and that 100mg is 95% Curcuminoids.

Your brand also shows only 5mg BioPerine per serving. Mine has 10mg.

Thereā€™s no need for a pissing match over this. The benefits of each are different. Choose what you wish. I choose Turmeric. My doctor approves of my choice. All is well in Hooterville! :rofl:

Mounds and Almond Joy are damn near the same candy bar. I prefer Almond Joy. If you prefer Mounds, so be itā€¦ainā€™t gonna change my mind.

Well, of course you would win a pissing contest. :joy:

I have no idea about the efficacy of anything from experience, because I donā€™t have anything that needs treating, so I can only go by the numbers and what others say.

I have gotten myself an Achilles heel injury today on my 6 mile trail run. Blah! I also got a new recent max HR of 198. So my ankle is all that is wrong with me at the moment. Same bloody ankle I twisted badly playing squash years ago. Curcumin wonā€™t help.

Only for distanceā€¦and the ability to write my name in the snow. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, but you canā€™t aim in the dark. I donā€™t have to turn the light on. :smile:

Darn, my achilles is hurting. Itā€™s hard to walk. It started hurting less than halfway into the run, but I was stubborn and carried on for about another 5k. Maybe itā€™s cycling for me for a while.

Take some Aleve or naproxen if the pain is unbearable.

Sounds like kidney trouble.
A little kidney cleanse once in a while wonā€™t hurt.
Nothing major, just parsley (and black radish if you can find it)

So the kids are going on strike to promote Climate change and now this from the Economist - Just Cohencidence?

So sports injuries are caused by kidney problems, not sport? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of them. Are they anti inflammatories like Ibuprofen? Advice is that I should avoid anti inflammatories (otherwise I would try curcumin first) as they hinder healing and it is not inflamed. For sports injuries, itā€™s RICE; rest, ice, compression, elevation.

When running, pushing off from the fore foot, your entire body weight is borne by one achilles. It can be 3 times your body weight depending on speed. Rough ground further complicates.

Thought Iā€™d share this: my kids are obsessed with ketchup and get through it like you wouldnā€™t believe. I have reservations about all the salt and sugar they consume as a result. In France recently, we had ketchup made with honey instead of sugar. No such ketchup exists here so I decided to make my own and it works! It has passed the taste test by the supreme ketchup connoisseurs.

I used Napolina tomato puree, about 1/2 the tube. Add white wine vinegar, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce, honey (quite a lot) and a little salt. :yum:

No. The location in question is where the ā€œkidney meridianā€ runs (Oriental medicine, acupuncture, shiatsu, etc. Not related to anatomy). The rest is just a hunch.

ā€œClimate changeā€ is probably a code for population culling.

How is it if terrorists are found making bombs or planning an attack they are arrested and thrown in jail?

I see this as the same thing. Terrorists planning a mass attack.

People need to stay out of nature. They ā€œthinkā€ they have the answers and they simply donā€™t.

Example:

In fact, the genes that were passed on werenā€™t the tweaked genes that were designed to kill and tag the mosquitoes but rather genes from the strains in Cuba and Mexico, according to Science magazine. The researchers also noted that this mixing of genes might have led to a ā€œmore robust population,ā€ perhaps one that would be better able to resist insecticides or transmit diseases, Science magazine reported

@asaratis and @Jen
I forgot to say that I take Glucosamine on a regular basis. It is one of those weird supplements that does not make one feel any better, what you notice is when you forget to take it for a few days. At first I wondered if I was just imagining it, then the SO (who takes Joint Ace, which is the same plus a fish-oil capsule) voiced that she could tell when she had accidentally omitted her regular dose.

Dangle your feet in the River Styx for a bit. That should sort you outā€¦

My fave is to buy Passatta (sp?), which I use to make pizza toppings, and chuck in a bit of Olive oil and the usual ā€˜Italianā€™ herbs. Once a ā€˜childā€™ saw me throw in an anchovy fillet ā€¦ with typical response. I promised it was only for the flavour and promised to take it out at the end. Of course ā€¦ the fillet disintegrates but the flavour is wonderful :rofl:

I have used honey in all sorts of things. Most remarkable was when stir-frying broccoli florets with other ā€˜stuffā€™. Flash-fried chicken with chilli and honey (and onion and yellow capsicum if you like) on a bed of Basmatiā€¦

1 Like

ā€˜Junk scienceā€™ is the bit I agreed with. Bill Gates does not strike me as a genocidal maniac, or other idiot. In fact he has been hugely philanthropic in providing mosquito nets and malaria treatment to vast numbers in southern Africa. So the genocide bit does not really work for me. Now Al Goreā€¦

In the UK the master of subterfuge, Jeremy Corbyn, has started riding the bandwagon of climate change. He is a master because he cleverly waits to determine the populist concern and then starts backing it. All in the cause of ā€œvote for meā€, of course. He did the same with Brexit but has not found what the people really want ā€¦ except for the politicians to do something, even anything.

Greta-Thunberg-02

tenor

1 Like