The Rabbit Hole

When I’m in a parking lot, I shift to L…hardly ever have to touch the brake and the transmission doesn’t have to shift at all.

If the speed limit is 25 or less, I stay in D2…which means the transmission is always in 2nd second…never in 1st. When the limit is 45 to 25, I stay in D3…which means the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd to 3rd as needed. Over 45 and I go to D which has a 4th gear and overdrive.

There’s one short road I use often (oddly named Valley Hill) that has a 35 mph limit because of one steep-sided “valley” and one sharp curve. Going downhill requires braking to keep from getting above 45 and being stopped by the cops that set up a speed trap there quite often. I just stay in D3 and never touch the brake. Sometimes it pisses off the driver behind me, but I just grin and stay under 40.

Life is good.

In our urban areas, the speed limit is generally 30mph. Outside schools it could be 20. I don’t mind that. Often there are road works on dual carriageways; they narrow the lanes and it is 40mph with average speed cameras. You can’t do anything, you have to be spot on otherwise they’ll get you! What pisses me off are crinklies who really shouldn’t be driving, as they probably can’t even see or walk and are off their heads on prescription drugs. They will go very slow. As do libtards. I have never known a libtard with a decent car and could drive properly. They will do the most irritating speed, say 40 when you would otherwise do 60+. You know our roads, pretty tight most of the time, twisty, usually with a line of traffic coming the other way. That is why you need to have something quick to get past. I will be getting my new car soon and that will do 0-60 in 4.6 secs. :grin:

1 Like

Police believe this man has had a bit too much to think

3 Likes

Does that mean … the yellow-vest movement has been demonstrating for 17 weeks !?

1 Like

Is this what is meant by Stcokholm syndrome.
This should work out just fine

1 Like

Look what came through my door. :rage:

Was feeling froggy yesterday and visited an old playground of mine (pics are 13 years old). Didn’t get to go deep like I used to, but it was nice to be back after 10+ years.

Missouri has more caves in Missouri than the rest of the United States combined, and in my county alone, there are over 4,000. Some are even completely underwater.

The cave pictured is dubbed Cave 17, for the state highway it’s next to. This is one of the few that I’ve never reached the end of. Over the years I had compiled 22 pages worth of maps, with the longest trek being 36 hours in, 28 to get back out. I once found an exit that was 8 miles away from the main entrance.

3 Likes

That sort of thing really freaks me out.

I know what you mean. I got stuck twice during those adventures, once by myself. I had thrill issues for a long time. lol

1 Like

I have visions of those 12 Thai boys and their football coach stuck in caves last year. Have you had water rising?

Never had that happen to me before, but having never seen any news stories of such horrors during my spelunking days, I never thought twice about something like that happening.

I don’t think I’d still be interested in exploring caves anymore even if I were still physically able to. The urge to intentionally risk my own death for fun has long since left me.

1 Like

I’m back to the Alps in a few days. There is nothing like shitting yourself senseless to feel really alive, lol. I clung onto a wooden post once in a thick blizzard for 45 mins. All I knew was on one side of me there was a sheer drop of about 500m but no idea which side as I had lost all sense of perspective and could see nothing.

My fitness is pretty good now, probably not far off my best. I held 170 bpm HR at the gym this morning for an hour, that is about 85% max for me. Feeling good!

1 Like

It’s always motivating to hear things like this. This makes me want a paramotor even more now. lol

You wouldn’t see much in a blizzard, lol. And the wind would smash you up.

1 Like

Yikes! :anguished:

One must never underestimate the gravity of any situation. :innocent:

1 Like

Seriously? :joy: Do you not have any good looking Democrats?

Keeping your looks is a choice. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hold on, I just smoked a couple of bowls with my coffee. Define good-looking Democrats? Like, good-looking enough to shag and shuffle, or stick around for breakfast?

Also, I’m not sure that I have all the choices in keep my boyish-good looks. My forehead looks angrier and angrier every year, even when I’m smiling. lol

1 Like

Bullshit! Keeping your looks is a futile maintenance effort! Your body wants to look a certain way…don’t mess with it! Just keep it clean and comb your hair! You’re gonna crinkle up someday…and your hair might turn blue all by itself…if it doesn’t fall out! :rofl: