The Rabbit Hole

I’m confused about the Americans traveling to the moon and back through the highly radioactive van Allen belt in a tin foil rocket, and they came back safely.

Now NASA is developing a space vehicle which will protect humans in a radioactive zone. Ha?

The part about why things disappear from the bottom up was quite an interesting thought stream.

However: as somebody who has worked with GPS, and subscribes to the WGS-84 geoid model, the more the mind control was trying to convince me that the earth is flat the more I was watching the chart…

It is easily possible today to prepare a couple of planes to take off from any runway and remain on course without any deviation in flight until it re-lands on the same take off runway. Fueling can be done in the air to navigate the circumference of the earth and monitor the flight all the way around.
It is rather curious why nobody has done it to dispel once and for all the flat earth theory.
I wonder why it hasn’t been done?

I consider that unnecessary in light of the FACT that all other large planets and all stars are near spherical in shape. This is the only logical shape for them to be in because of GRAVITY attracting all matter that makes up the object toward its center.

That, and the FACT that we have hundreds of photographs (made with film cameras) of the Earth…all showing it in its OBVIOUS near SPHERICAL configuration.

I can easily understand why sailors and others who lived long before aviation and space travel were common would believe there had to be an edge to the earth, like on a dinner plate, although some wise men suspected roundness because of what they saw in their telescopes…all visible planets were ROUND.

To seriously push the flat Earth narrative today is beyond lunacy.

1 Like

Agreed it is totally uneccessary and that is why it should be done.
It is uneccessary to spend millions on sculptures to put in cities (especially ice sculptures :sweat_smile:) but it is done.
It is unnecessary for Mcdonalds to spend millions on giving away plastic toys with happy meals but it is done.(they just stated they will now stop it)

The list of money wasted on uneccessary projects is endless.

It would cost very little to send a plane around the globe but to my knowledge it has never been done and to do it would finish all talk of flat earth possibility.
It was announced this year that a spitfire was being flown the 27,000 miles around the world. It unfolds that it is not flying around the world per se because it is simply visiting various countries.
If this nonsense can be performed then truly flying a plane around the globe could also be performed and it would put to bed the idea of a flat earth :wink:

@Jen … I was going to say that it is safe to go back in here, but now Dr.Manshe and Cerberus are having a childish rant…

There is a minimum mass required to achieve spherical planet or moon shape, and I don’t know what it is, except that a recent discussion concerning a large asteroid remarked on the odd shape being due to having insufficient mass to make it a spheroid.

Now … don’t go provoking the crazed

That is why I have decided to request closure of the Brexit thread. I will start up again in here, a troll free zone. I can’t hack RosstheToss anymore. They are welcome to each other.

I am glad you can provide some answers :joy:. I will butt in if I have anything useful to say, but I think I am better off talking health rather than nerd stuff. On a 30 hour fast at the moment. Haven’t eaten since lunch yesterday and that was after an hour hard on the mountain bike. Starving. :joy:

1 Like

Like you and probly everyone here I have always bought into the globe theory - but there are lots of q’s that make me wonder - like the temperatures at the ISS or the Van Allen belt - like how do you land a plane on a runway that is travelling at 1000 mph - Don’t you have any questions or have you got answers to all your q’s.

Don’t wanna hijack the RH - I’ll start another thread,

The crazy guys, salt / epsom / potassium / sodium bicarbonate, mix helps me to fast easier (could be psychological of course) for a couple of days at a time.

I am sure you will have plenty of input :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suspect you weren’t even born in 1986, so I won’t make fun of your ignorance.

The Voyager aircraft flew from Edwards Air Force Base to Edwards Air Force Base with the flight ending in December of 1986. I was 43 at the time and followed the progress of the flight everyday.

…and there was NO REFUELING!

https://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/23/dec-23-1986-voyager-aircraft-completes-first-non-stop-around-the-world-flight/

@asaratis Thanks for posting as I said “to my knowledge” .
I am happy to stand corrected it appears others thought it was a worthwhile thing to do.
In searching wiki, I also see that Virgin have re-run the trip in 2005 in under 3 days. “GlobalFlyer”

Interesting that the distances flown were so different.

GlobalFlyer
“The distance flown was determined to be 36,912 kilometres (22,936 mi)”

Model 76 Voyager
The aircraft flew westerly 26,366 statute miles (42,432 km; the [FAI]accredited distance is 40,212 km)

:thinking:

Ha Ha nose-ringed crusties. You Brits have a way with words. That’s right up there with sniveling little rat-faced gits.

Natural supplements are fine, but my remedies are ibuprofen for pain, diclofenac for inflammation. Tumeric is good for Indian food. Minimize watching the news for headaches.

1 Like

I’m not sure how they measure the total distance flown. If it incorporates the altitude, then a higher flying plane will rack up more flying distance for any given ground path (traced directly beneath the aircraft).

An interesting link between the two feats is that Burt Rutan designed both of planes.

That makes sense, I haven’t been able to find the altitude of the virgin flight so can’t compare the two.

The plane also is travelling at 1000mph, plus or minus airspeed if the runway is aligned E-W.
The air also is travelling at 1000mph, otherwise all the things sticking out of the ground would be battered to hell by a powerful wind.

Therefore everything is moving at 1000mph … and nobody realises.

:nauseated_face: :joy: McDonalds drive thru never looked so tempting, double quarter pounder! Why not call it a half pounder or would that make you sound too greedy? I am only joking of course, I actually do have very good will power.

On my bike ride yesterday, I only managed a max HR of 163 and that was pushing as hard as I could. Garmin only gives me about a 3/5 on aerobic effort. The lactic acid gets me way before I get out of breath and by the way, I can comfortably hold a conversation with an HR of 160. Cycling uses the same muscles as skiing so I think I am in good shape for that. Not long now! :grinning:

1 Like

The thing is, curcuminoids have been proven to work better than Ibuprofen for inflammation and with natural supplements instead of drugs, you are not stressing your liver. Medication is the biggest cause of non alcoholic liver damage. With drugs, you almost always swap one problem for another. Anyhow, how about finding the cause of the pain /inflammation rather than just treating the symptoms? It happens for a reason.

I will be watching this with great anticipation.