The Rabbit Hole

Yep sounds like type 2 ADD otherwise known as inattentive ADD

This wasn’t in Europe. :wink:

Aggro can happen anywhere where it gets congested. It’s not just between skiers and boarders, it’s everyone. You will always get idiots who slow down or stop at steep bottlenecks. I always keep right to the sides and often don’t really slow down. I’m pretty good at dodging people.

Or maybe it’s not your snowboard at all… (JOKE, so don’t take me seriously!) Since the Brexit vote, Brits seem to get a lot more respect; maybe they think we’re hard right thugs! Not a bad reputation to have. You could dress properly and pretend to be British! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: By the way, Germans are just weird. Swiss are Germans really and Italians (the men anyway) are creepy.

1 Like

I ain’t buying, you old git. :grin:

What a drama all they were missing was their handbags to slap each other with. :laughing:

1 Like

FFS I go away for a few days and then spend almost 2 days catching up on posts :eyes:

I will just park this here:

Parts 2,3,4 should follow on youtube.

1 Like

You wear what you like in France. No one takes any notice. I let my skiing make the statement.

1 Like

Best feeling in the world, better than everything! :wink:

Aspen is the playground of hollywood

Ah, the equivalent of St. Moritz. All posey and tossy with no real action. There are some resorts in France which are quite ugly, like Les Menuires and Val Thorens in the Trois Vallées, but they have everything; altitude (Val Thorens is the highest in the world at 2300m), good snow, great restaurants. Trois Vallées is the largest ski area in the world with 650km of connected pistes and it’s the size of Paris. Courcheval, again in the Trois Vallées has 4 Michelin starred restaurants. The difference mostly with French resorts are they are purpose built high up, rather than being traditional villages lower down. That means door to door skiing is the norm.

I’m not interested in posing and most at these places aren’t either. They are for serious skiers. However, if posing is your thing, you can always hop across the border into Switzerland. I have worn cheap gear as well as designer stuff. No one pays any attention; the only person who notices is yourself.

I noticed you mentioned about ski pass prices. Adult ski pass for the entire Trois Vallées (166 lifts) is 354€ for 7 days. I expect to pay around 900€ a week for a family pass.

1 Like
1 Like

Never went to Aspen! Now, have no reason to! Lol!

This is my idea of meditation. Be hypnotised!

No! It is referred to as having too much other stuff to do.

BTW, I made 5% on my purchase of PHGP a couple of years back.
Is it you who is the Gold-Bug?

Yep…

…“history is irrelevant”
That is an interesting take on things.

BTW it appears that part-2 is now available

And what did all that study and physics do for us - Feynman worked on the Manhattan project and we all know what that did for humanity. Found it interesting to see where his parents came from.
@robgsxr @Exodus

I was fortunate that all four parts ran sequentially when I watched on you tube. He has an interesting exchange with Fred Hoyle in parts 3 and 4.

I simply enjoy the sphere these kind of guys think and comunicate in, eons away from society’s small mindedness going into an arena remote enough that I find interesting.
It takes me back into my lab days qualifying optical fibre refractions or quartz optical lens characteristics or attempting to measure signals greater than 20 giga bit per second when the test equipment hadn’t been produced yet. These are the type of challenges that keep us away from the hum drum stupidity or everyday life.

Sorry Mag I haven’t got much interest in aspects outside of the 4 vids.
I simply watched the content of what was available as I found it intriguing.
:+1:

It gave us (uneasy) peace in the technologically advanced world

1 Like

There is no way I would set foot in a Muslim/ Arab shithole these days, not even Dubai.

1 Like