The Police Can't Protect You-And Have No Duty To

Would you two stop it. You are arguing opposite sides of the same coin.

3 Likes

Your last statement is nothing but your opinion.

Your assumption that she was replying to two posts above hers is foolish. Extend that stupid concept and any reply in a thread is to all posts above it.

I replied only to her post. She had replied to the post above hers.

One more time, “context”.

Just give it up.

Even without the change in the wording of the policy it boils down to one thing which is “cowardice” by the officers on the scene, particularly the SRO who chose to stand there and do nothing for ten minutes while kids were being slaughtered.

His 100k/yr retirement meant more to him than the lives he was sworn and detailed to protect.

Yeah, they used to string up horsethieves. Damn shame that we have lost our society.

I like both of them.

Knock it off boys, you’re on the same side of the fight.

1 Like

I had to look that up. Interesting!

1 Like

You can’t shoot someone just because you have a carry permit.

I can carry a gun without a permit.

1 Like

Actually that is kind of a myth.

This is true. You have to have legitimate cause to shoot someone…with or without a carry permit.

Some states have “gunslinger” laws. Anyone can carry openly.

To conceal the weapon requires a permit in most states.

All true. I can carry a rifle down the street here.

“Gunslinger laws”. Open carry is a dress code. But I like it.

For that you can thank the US Constitution Amendment #2.

The diminished right.

Mostly we have the Texas Constitution to thank for that.

Try walking down a city street carrying a long gun in most states and the immediate response will come from SWAT.

c4efihypatm11

Likely Texas patterned its constitution after the US Constitution…just like a lot of other states.

States with laws prohibiting the bearing of arms may be surprised if and when such laws are challenged in the SCOTUS.

From The Constitution of The Republic of Texas 1836; Declaration of Rights.

Fourteenth. Every citizen shall have the right to bear arms in defence of himself and the Republic. The military shall at all times and in all cases be subordinate to the civil power.

Fifteenth. The sure and certain defence of a free people is a well-regulated militia; and it shall be the duty of the Legislature to enact such laws as may be necessary to the organizing of the militia of this Republic.

Our founders saw the flaw in linking “The Right To Bear Arms” and “The Militia”.

The “right” is far less inviolate under the 1876 constitution which was forced on us as part of reconstruction.

SEC. 23. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power by law to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.

The legislature has broad powers to limit the carry of arms in public.

We had among the most ridiculous and restrictive handgun laws in the state for over a hundred years until common sense slowly began to work it’s way back into the legislature in the 90’s.

1 Like

Not where I come from…

It did happen, but it was usually vigilante justice and it didn’t happen nearly as often as the movies claim.

Due to the 3 S’s we’ll never actually know how many horse thieves were hung or shot without a trial.

That being said pretty much nothing happens as frequently in real life as happens on the TV/Movie screen.

I did however hear quite a few first hand accounts of rustlers, horse thieves, wife beaters and rapists being summarily executed or killed in the act.