The Police Can't Protect You-And Have No Duty To

bb-5bb4d1b95541a

3 Likes

9b7c788bf30335a53

3 Likes

I recall reading of a country wherein if an accident caused by a drunk driver kills another person and the driver is obviously drunk, the investigating officer can shoot the driver at the site.

All States should be open carry by default. The Constitution strictly and specifically forbids any law against doing so. Its literally what “bearing arms” means. The fact that a permit is even required in some states is just another example of how lawless the government has actually become.

2 Likes

I agree with the requirement to have a permit to carry concealed weapons. I do not agree with any prohibition of open carry outside the home or personal vehicle.

The right to bear arms should not be restricted (or otherwise infringed) in public places. I do comply with the “no weapons” rules for government buildings and airports. In all other places, I ignore the signs.

Rather confusing.

Can you straighten this out?

What is “your country”?

Those two bolded statements are contradictory.

He said county, not country.

1 Like

Mr. Know It All doesn’t read very carefully. He is too anxious to criticize others.

Perhaps, but not allowing concealed carry without a permit does not seem to me to infringe on the right to bear arms.

It is no more restrictive than requiring a driver’s license, or a license to practice law, be a doctor, or a certified teacher.

None of which are rights.

I agree. Hiding the fact that you are bearing arms is also not a guaranteed right. Bearing arms is.

So if we’re going to exercise freedom of speech, we have to shout?

What generated that unrelated question?

Restriction equals infringement.

There is no uninfrigeable right to drive or to be a lawyer, doctor or teacher.

If you go down that road, bearing arms that fire multiple rounds or operate by recovering some of the energy of the burning propellant is not guaranteed. Bearing a single-shot manually arm is.

How is it unrelated? A right is a right.

That is true. So is carrying a concealed weapon. It is a privilege, not a defined right. Carrying a weapon does not require a permit because doing so is a constitutionally guaranteed right. Carrying a concealed weapon requires a permit but not keep one from carrying a weapon.

Felons lose their right to carry. The mentally ill are not allowed to have weapons. Do you consider these unlawful infringements of the right to carry?

Is concealed carry bearing arms?

It’s apples and oranges. We’re speaking of gun rights. The only correlation I see is that you may be considering open carry to be shouting I AM CARRYING A WEAPON.

Since you brought it up though, there are cases where your right to free speech (as related to the government not being permitted to infringe) are limited by legal gag orders, non-disclosure documents, non-contact orders, classified information and of course, shouting “fire” in crowded theater when there is no fire.