The Literary Corner and Philosophers Thread 📙 📖

1 Like

By contrast, the people that we now have in charge can barely put a sentence together. When they do, it’s usually carefully crafted lies written by some propagandist or a team of them.

2 Likes

Susan Rice, Tony Podesta and Jake Sullivan come to mind, while Obozo lurks in the shadows. In the bigger picture such sinister plans sees the disinfectant of sunlight and ends up being worse for them than it does for us in the end, we are just in the middle of fighting the war and its hard to see right now . Just my belief.

Susan Rice! The first time I saw her was that 9/11 Bengazi attack that killed an ambassador. She went on all of the Sunday shows to claim it was due to some stupid video that nobody ever saw. A responsible questioner would have made her look like an imbecile, it was such a stupid lie. She proved her bona fides as a loyal stooge by shamelessly being the one to go and feed it to the friends on the Sunday shows. Even Hillary must have felt embarrassed to make such ridiculous claims.

Soon enough, they railroaded that guy who made the video, just to make the lie a little more credible. The people in the media had to know it was ridiculous, but it was too close to the election and Obama was in jeopardy.

1 Like

I was shocked what I discovered! You will be to

That is so true and profound at the same time! Which when one knows its easy to spot a mile away!

Recently trending in a accented fervor is the Russian Author Fedor Dotoevsky

Here is a brief intro to his life and his literary quotes. If all the smart people like Peter Theil are raving about his mental acumen then I wanted to explore why. No doubt his work Crime and Punishment are fascinating reads from a different era, but most importantly is his ability to bend ones mind and alter it in ways to see differently especially on politics and social chaos are appeals that makes his works en-vogue in today’s social discourse.

Dostoevsky

A literary rockstar at 24

Almost gets executed by a firing squad at 28

Exiled to Siberia

Returns to write some of the greatest novels ever

In his lesser-known letters and essays, we get a more intimate look at what he loved, hated, fiercely believed in

1/ Dostoevsky believed life is only possible when you have a philosophical north star you swear by:

“Neither a person nor a nation can exist without some higher idea”

Dostoevsky: “In order to maintain itself and live, every society must necessarily respect someone & something”

2/ In his essay against Environmental determinism, Dostoevsky writes:

“The doctrine of the environment reduces man to an absolute nonentity, exempts him totally from every personal moral duty and from all independence, reduces him to the lowest form of slavery imaginable.”

3/ In a letter, Dostoevsky revealed the mystery he wanted to solve:

“I have faith in myself. Man is a mystery: if you spend your entire life trying to puzzle it out, then do not say that you have wasted your time. I occupy myself with this mystery, because I want to be a man."

4/ Dostoevsky needed only three things: “I need nothing but books, the possibility of writing, and of being daily for a few hours alone. To be alone is a natural need, like eating and drinking."

Certain spiritual and intellectual problems demand solitude.

5/ BUT Dostoevsky also warned against introversion:

"Lacking external experiences, those of the inward life will gain the upper hand. The nerves and the fancy then take up too much room. Every external happening seems colossal, and frightens us. We begin to fear life.”

6/ Dostoevsky lists important questions all societies must ask:

“Whom can we now consider our best people? Most important, where shall we find them? Who will take the responsibility for proclaiming them the best, and on what basis? Does someone need to take this responsibility?”

7/ Do we possess talent or does talent possess us?

Dostoevsky: “It’s very rare to find a person capable of handling his gift. The talent almost always enslaves its possessor, taking him, as it were, by the scruff of the neck & carrying him off far away from his proper path.”

8/ Dostoevsky hated the “small-souled” people who preach "contentment with one’s destiny” and “modest demands from life.”

Dostoevsky: “Their contentment is that of cloistered self-castration.”

All vital souls will instinctively reject such an “insipid” existence.

9/ Dostoevsky on the measure of great art:

“Art is always true to reality in the highest degree…it cannot be unfaithful to contemporary reality. Otherwise it would not be art. It is the measure of true art that it is always contemporary, urgent and useful.”

10/ Art becomes abnormal when we become abnormal: “During his life man may deviate from normality, from the laws of nature; in this case art will deviate with him. But this serves to show art’s close and indissoluble link with man, its constant loyalty to man and his interests.”

11/ Dostoevsky against censorship: “It is of primary importance not to hinder art with various aims, not to prescribe laws for it…for even without this it is already confronted by many submerged rocks, many temptations and deviations inseparable from man’s existence.”

12/ For Dostoevsky beauty is synonymous with health and ascending life:

“Beauty is useful because man has a constant need for (his) highest ideal. If a people preserves an ideal of beauty and a need for it, it means that the need for health and normality is also there."

Peter Thiel: “There is no better way to think about human irrationality than to read Dostoevsky, and there is no better reader of Dostoevsky than Mr. Girard”

Girard’s book on Dostoevksy, Resurrection from the Underground, is fascinating!

Albert Camus, one of Dostoevsky’s greatest fans, said:

“Our world will die or accept that he was right.”

Camus started out a staunch communist, then shocked everyone with a 180° turn

Sounds like someone is jealous of you! So immature!

1 Like

I read “Brothers Karamazov”

I always ponder when Jesus being jailed and the Grand Inquisitor were Jesus’s ego and alter ego. “Jesus was too perfect for man to live up to.

1 Like

Attention seekers are usually little boys trapped in men’s bodies.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A lot of that going around these days.

1 Like

Interesting thought something I never considered before; the ego and alter ego thing.

1 Like

It’s hard to speak of such a man in only quotes. The good part is people who don’t know who he is will be introduced to humanity’s greatest writer of all time. Many great minds regarded Dostoevsky as an endless source to meditate upon. Crime and Punishment is a book I couldn’t stop reading.

Same! I hear that from a lot of people say that Crime and Punishment was his best work, although that is up for debate. Nietzsche said: “he is the only psychologist from which I learned something.” The entire narrative on 'human suffering" because humans want to suffer, because it validates our existence is one of the most profound things he formulates as a narrative in 'The Idiot"

1 Like

I did not read “the idiot” but that one I have to get to.

I generally like this American anthropologist’s work, albeit some disagreements. Like his name suggests, he has some Iranian (Same word as “Aryan”) roots.

Christians tend to confuse the ancient Egyptian / Greek / Roman / Germanic Sun God with satan,

Swastika and hexagram (so-called star of David) are found together all over the ancient world.

1 Like

Paperback. A reprint from a book originally published in the 1920s. There were people back then trying to expose the Deep State. Make an offer. Proceeds go to Camp Constitution.

Hardback. Make an offer. Proceeds go to Camp Constitution.

Published by the American Legion. Hardback. Make an offer. Proceeds go to Camp Constitution.