The Democrats Don't care about you

Yes. You said there are a few. I’m saying there aren’t. We’re just meant to think there are.

You want proof? How many “conservatives” voted to repeal Obamacare once Obama left office? You’ll get the same answer. None.

Also there was definitely pandering to voters going on even there.

Now why would whether or not certain districts voted for Clinton matter on how Republicans decided to vote? Hmm…

She’s making a list and checking it twice, she’s gonna go home and eat chicken and rice, the angry Occasional Cortex is here :rofl:

1 Like

How many conservatives? I don’t see too many conservatives in the Republican party today, including Trump

Because there aren’t any. That’s what I keep telling you. Sheesh.

What is conservatism in simple terms?

Conservatism is opposition to rapid changes, and promotes keeping traditions in society. Gradualism is one form. The first known use of the term in a political context was by François-René de Chateaubriand in 1818. … The term is associated with right-wing politics. It has been used to describe a wide range of views.

Liberal conservatism.
Conservative liberalism.
Libertarian conservatism.
Fiscal conservatism.
National and traditional conservatism.
Cultural and social conservatism.
Religious conservatism.
Paternalistic conservatism.

So when it’s said there are no Conservatives in the Republican Party that is not so.

You forgot paleocons :wink:

More nonsense. Conservatism and Liberalism are not compatible views. They are diametrically opposed on several fronts.

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

You are trying to wrap this up in a neat package. It can’t be done.

Words have meaning. When you pair two together that mean contradictory things, you aren’t inventing a new category, you’re simply presenting an oxymoron.

Bad Robot,

what you are discussing is the classic interpretation of liberalism and conservatism and you would be correct

But that isn’t the case anymore as We are talking about is "modern liberalism"and “modern conservatism”

Since the Marxist hippy revolution in the 60’s in LBJ great society liberalism and conservatism has taken on new meaning.

Today conservative advocates smaller government more personal responsibility that is as simple as I can define it

Today’s Liberal advocates government intervention and a collectivist mentality

The republican party today is no different from the Democrat party as they want to control people’s lives and is in the pocket of money people and big corporations

The Republican party today have very few members who are conservatives

1 Like

I must disagree with you. There are many Conservatives within the Republican Party.

really like whom?
Mike Lee?
maybe Ted Cruz I would say is a conservative

Really not an accurate benchmark.

Once an entitlement is in place it’s rarely ended and they generally get bigger, expanded in the quest for buying votes.

This is why we need term limits in congress so our elected morons can actually vote for the people they represent and not for re-election.

1 Like

I love America, I hate people who think they are entitled to anything, which is about as American as it gets.

what isnt an accurate benchmark?

The problem we have in this country is congress has power the decades used government spending to buy lots. From welfare to students loans to ACA subsidies, today 60% of Americans get something from the Federal Government.

un-American? No, politicians buying votes to remain in power.

Feel free. No one’s going to stop you. That’s the great thing about the internet. You can be as wrong as you’d like and absolutely no one cares.

Nothing more conservative than a Canadian from Texas pretending to be a Mexican to get the Latino vote. :laughing:

Never mind that his father was Cuban and they absolutely hate Mexicans.

How could they vote for bills the Leadership never allowed to reach the floor?

Cuz is by definition Hispanic and spent almost his entire life in Texas other than his education and time in the Senate.

The only animus I see between Cubans and Mexicans is over illegal immigration and most of our own legal Spanish/Mexican/Central American population feels the same.

Mexico and Cuba have had friendly relations for more than half a century.