The Aviation Enthusiasts Thread

1 Like

Check this seaplane

2 Likes

An enlightening piece of aeronauticle history…with emphasis on the nautical! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had forgotten about this silent runner. It had landed on numerous occasions at the remote grass strip I did my time in Vietnam.

2 Likes

Just guess but it looks like maybe couple of 37mm shells went through bout mid body. Poor kid, thankfully his end came swiftly.

Proof even brick will fly if you put enough thrust behind it. :smiley:

Unfortunately concept pretty well bound for disaster from the start. Jet power nd water don’t mix well.

https://youtu.be/L_yICPixj68

1 Like
1 Like

My sister’s son works with this for 15+ years.

When people start commuting with these…just watch out.

These things don’t fly far enough to get away from the zombie hoards.

1 Like

Electric aircraft leave no carbon footprint, but the methods of making and charging the batteries probably do.

I know that this and other companies working on these are competing for contracts with Uber and similar companies.

What could go wrong?

I still think “the loop” is going to be the safest and most efficient way to commute. This aircraft is designed with the commuter in mind, so depending on who can afford it, the 50 mile commuter one way would work, however the logistics of where to land and where it will be parked is another matter. Will it be allowed regular parking lot access? Along with a lot of other host of questions to be answered if indeed this catches on need to be defined.

I have a Hyperloop t-shirt. I think there are major issues there too, besides the usual worries.

Questions like "I don’t want helicopter drones or piloted hovering all over the place and crashing into each other and killing people.

Or, “let’s build hyperloops everywhere until the dynamo effects knock the earth out of orbit.”

I don’t know about that. They don’t have to be built everywhere just connected major hubs. There is already one being built on the way,