Sighting in your rifle at 100 yards is a huge mistake

It depends on what kind.
Is it an urban situation or a farm with a lot of open space?

Even 100 yards or 100 meters is quite a distance in an urban situation.

Yeah because you have tons of experience handling firearms to know! Yeah ok! (Sarcasm)

The internet jockey (you) opines! :rofl:

1 Like

What does ā€œHouseā€ mean to you? It doesnā€™t depend on what kind of house, you donā€™t use a damn AR to defend it if there are other people in the house. . . unless itā€™s all you have or can get to but then youā€™re piss poor at preparations.

Mike Adams did not mention other firearms.

I wasnā€™t talking about Mike Adams in my response, I was talking about your stupid ass comment. He wasnā€™t talking about protecting property, he was talking about where to zero a weapon and I didnā€™t disagree with him. I only laughed at your stupid ass comment that you think thereā€™s a difference between ā€œprotecting your property from Bolsheviks in close rangeā€ and ā€œreal combat situationsā€.

1 Like

Bolsheviks are armed with ideology and molotov cocktails, whereas real combat situations involve grenades, artillery, tanks and what have you.

Really? Youā€™re going to double down on stupid? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I thought you were a sane guy, but itā€™s looking more like you have a mental problem.

Yeah, Iā€™M the one with a mental issue. :rofl:

Donā€™t you have something antisemitic to post? Leave the gun and combat discussions to those of us that served. You flat out have no clue what the hell youā€™re talking about.

1 Like

It will be safer to go along with Mike Adams in many other topics as well.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll like it

2 Likes

Seriously, I sight my rifle in @ 100 yds. Well, I donā€™t anymore, because thatā€™s been done for years. LOL!
Shot a banty in the neck with it at 100 yards in 2007.
Put the cracked corn down and stepped it off.
It shoots where I aim.

I keep hearing ā€œThings go bad with Coke.ā€
Ah well, they might as well.

Must be the voices in your head.

1 Like

My classic 03 with the Kahleā€™s competition telescopic sight. You have never looked through a telescopic sight until you look through a Kahles. The clarity is beyond description. Consistent 1,000 yard hits ( 18 X 18 steel ) are effortless. On still days I use sabot rounds ( 4,500 fps ). Older now, and my vision ainā€™t what it once was; so Iā€™ll be fitting the Kahles with a prescription eye piece.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hereā€™s a review: [

Kahles 624i Review: The Best Long-Range Hunting Scope ā€¦

https:// www.longrangehunting.com /articles/ kahles -624i-review-the- best - long -rangeā€¦
](https://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/kahles-624i-review-the-best-long-range-hunting-scope.1173/)

Nov 03, 2015 Ā· The longest distance I shot while using the Kahles 624i scope was 1440 yards . On the day I shot out to 1440 yards I used a variety of ways to correct for drop and drift: reticle only, dialing only, and then a combination of

Hard to justify $3K for a scope that Iā€™m going to use on paper. :smiley:

Well, if itā€™s only necessary to use it on paper. Iā€™m not as young, as tough, or as fast as I once was; so Iā€™m inclined to prefer the luxury of distance, & a good sandbag. Yow, didnā€™t see that comin.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to guess thatā€™s a 1903 Springfield?

03 Springfield. I asked the old man, 3 years in the Burma jungle with OSS 101, if it was a good military rifle. He said, well, itā€™ll kill a water buffalo. Do the math. He did say the best close up jungle weapon was the Thompson. It do cut

a path. This was my father - Burma jungle; he looks underweight, so probably after the malaria. No, you didnā€™t come home, even if you had malaria. Back then this was full battle gear. Boots, shorts, rag hat. and a Thompson. Today it looks like Star Wars. There was rarely any medivac. 3 or 4 hundred miles into the jungle. No helicopters. You were lucky if a strip was chopped out & a Piper L 4 plane ( spotter plane ) could land.

30-.06 is a round for the ages.
My cousin had a Thompson. Full auto.
He was in WW2 and had all kinda special licenses n stuff. Awesome dude!
I loved that man, and he loved me.
He had every kind of gun. Although he never could get a gun like he went to war with, and by the time I found one to get for himā€¦he had died. He had a Synthetic stock versionā€¦but thatā€™s not the same as a Cosmoline-packed M1 from Georgia M-1 dudes.
We used to shoot all the guns at the family reunions. His brother lives on 6k acres.
He had this old automatic stainless pigeon-chucker heā€™d operate for everybody to shoot at things. I wish I could have got him that M1 for him to enjoy, if only for a little while, but it was too late. :frowning:
I learned a lot from that man. He was very smart.