Sighting in your rifle at 100 yards is a huge mistake

20 gauge semiauto is the ultimate in-house defense.
I might get 1 for each hand.
3" #4 shot.
I can hold that semiauto like a pistol.
Some pistols are harder to hold.

I ended up getting a M-1 from the Springfield Armoury many years ago! It was from a returned stock that was from Greece. Before purchasing it however, there were all kinds of reviews online suggesting that it was a hit or miss proposition with buying from this collection due to the stocks being not in great shape and some even said a lot of them were pitted due to dry rot and neglect. For 450.00 USD, I lucked out and got one that was in decent shape. (I expected the worse when opening my package the day it arrived) I got the stock refurbished and aside from being heavy, it’s one I consider as a prized possession of mine.

1 Like

There’s some boys in GA that have a line on them. I wish I could have found them before my cousin died. That irked the fuck out of me. He had every gun except what he went to war with.
He had the “Quigly Down Under” gun…blunderbusses, 45-70 gov’t. Every gun one can think of…
But not the one he went to war with.
People only live so long, I suppose.
Ah well, his being is definitely a positive in my life.

1 Like

[

Billy Dixon Shot of the Century - True West Magazine

https://truewestmagazine.com/ billy-dixon-shot-of-the-century
](https://truewestmagazine.com/billy-dixon-shot-of-the-century/)

Jun 30, 2015 · Billy Dixon Shot of the Century. June 30, 2015 Marshall Trimble . The 1867 Treaty of Medicine Lodge reserved much of the Texas Panhandle as hunting lands for the Indians, however white buffalo hunters ignored the treaty.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On the second day of the battle a group of more than a dozen warriors gathered on a high mesa about a mile from the post. That’s when Billy Dixon had his named carved forever in western history. From inside the stockade he fired off a round with his “Big Fifty” Sharps that knocked a warrior off his horse nearly a mile away. It was later measured at 1,538 yards. For the remainder of his life Billy claimed his “shot of the century” was just plain luck. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- He said skill & luck was involved; but the remainder of the Indians did not hang around to see just how lucky he was.