Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

If a physical barrier is immoral, then DEMs can run on a platform to dismantle the 650 miles of border already in place. :+1:

Can you suggest what other recourse of actions Trump has if this stalemate with Congress continues? What would you do or what solutions can you offer to bypass congress?

If you were to read my previous posts, you would know that I am for more technology at the border. As well as more agents.

There hasnā€™t been any one version selected that Iā€™m aware of nor are the BP agents and leadership of one mind with respect to preferences.

The ā€œSteel Slatsā€ Iā€™ve seen pictures that Trump has supported have wide enough gaps between the slats to pass significant amounts of drugs, guns, and money through with ease.

For example, you can put several hundred thousand dollars worth of heroin, meth, coke, or Fennel inside of a ten foot length of PVC 4" pvc pipe or hundreds of thousands in cash for that matter which would pass easily through between the slats.

It is a complete false premise t suggest that the length of our border makes a concrete wall similar to that in Israel impractical or impossible. We have ten times their population and many millions of miles of more paved roadways than Israel as well. Everything we have here is on a much bigger scale/volume than Israel.

Reopen the government and declare a national emergency. We then let the courts duke it out. It will be seen as a win for Trump, because he can say he did everything humanly possible.

Is the idea of Trump declaring a national emergency still in play?

Then why ask the monotonous question or repeat yourself if you know this to be true? I think on face value you are either being purposely obtuse or are inherently being intellectually dishonest with your responses!

Because itā€™s unneeded. We already have a fence.

Your house isnā€™t a 2000 mile border.

We already know your position on technology.

Sooooā€¦ in response to the OP question?

To stem the tide of unecated, unemployable, unproductive illegals from entering this country and becoming a drain on our economy and our society. The cost of the wall as proposed would likely be more than paid off in a couple of years just by reducing the demand on heath, education and welfare paid out to those illegal immigrants.

1 Like

Abso_fking_lutely! I sure do hope so!

1 Like

We already know how you feel about the fence.

How about you answer the OP question?

1 Like

Which would of course be at best a partial solution.

You canā€™t put enough agents along a border without effective physical barriers to even begin securing it unless you plan on hiring 4 shifts of agents with over a hundred thousand in each shift.

One man canā€™t even effectively control a hundred yards of border even if it were a free fire zone.

How about if they start on their own personal property?

1 Like

He hasnā€™t taken it off the table. I believe he is doing his homework to minimize court interference.

We donā€™t have 2000 miles of fencing either. So far we have various types of fencing and walls covering about 800 miles of the border much of which is old, outdated, and not particularly effective, thus in need of replacement.

No, they are dumb because they refuse to even consider the benefits of a substantial barrier and because they have not put forth one specific alternative to it when they parrot the phrase ā€œbetter border security.ā€

I was going to suggest that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Furthermore, there are not a lot of indigent, uneducated immigrants sneaking into this country illegally on Airlines.

It is very much needed.