Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

Full scorched earth … but legal.

If one person illegally crossed that border today, it isn’t secure. I don’t care if it’s terrorists, traveling salesmen or a clown convention. If our laws say it is illegal for them to come here, they should be stopped.

1 Like

Your premise is false. Our southern border is not secure.

Declining illegal immigration does not equate to a secure border.

Why are you so against a wall? Who said a wall would stop tunneling? What we are talking about is border security. A wall is a crucial part but not the end all of security.

Why do you automatically assume that crossing the southern border, outside of s port, is easier than flying?

How do we catch unsuspected terrorists through an airport?

Who said we are talking about “easy”? Interesting how you continually move the goalposts.

Until it’s opened. You got it, Mr Squarepants.

1 Like

That about sums it up BillBrown. :+1:

It’s a crisis. …

No. It isn’t secure ENOUGH, maybe. There is a difference.

You are. Do you have short term memory issues?

You mentioned terrorist 1 coming through airports vs terrorist 2 crossing the border illegally. Hmm I would which they will choose?

If you weren’t eluding to which path was easier, then what were you saying?

Educated? My six years old grandchild is more educated than are you. You have no way of knowing how many potential terrorists attempt to get into the US illegally or what method and route they may choose. Your “educated” guesses of 1% and 5% are no more likely to be correct than someone’s “educated” guess that 100% have criminal intent.

2 Likes

So one person entering your home illegally is (d)ifferent than ten?

If my home was broken into 40 times last year and so far only twice this year, is it secure?

Wow, seriously?

Methods of detection? Chances of being detained?

A porous southern border or showing a passport at customs…? :roll_eyes:

OK, let me rephrase my request. Can you provide a link from Homeland Security and/or the Justice department that supports this claim?

Sorry I’m not interested in reading “fact checking” from two sources who totally ran with the fake news story about the Covington kids, although the NYT (or maybe WP) at least retracted the story later.

1 Like

I am amused by watching you go to great lengths to do mental gymnastics in order to reinforce your confirmation bias!

2 Likes

I agree, although it’s going to be impossible to stop it entirely. However, we need to do all we can to make it as difficult as possible for people to enter illegally and deport those already here.

I’ve heard a big problem is people arriving legally, and then not leaving when they were supposed to.

Declining illegal immigration is in part due to a more secure border. However I will concede there may be other factors that can be attributed to that decline. Either way, it’s less illegal immigrants in the US.

I’m against wasting money on a wall because we already have fencing. Fencing where there are miles of tunnels under. How is a wall going to do better than a fence in that situation?

This shutdown is over the wall not “other border security measures”.

Over the past 20 years by how many billions have we increased our spending to pay for illegals?

How many billions go back across the border to support Mexico’s economy?

Yet, we have veterans defending the citizens of this very country who can’t get the help they need. We have homeless and elderly who can’t get the help they need.

The leftists love everyone but Americans. Globalism (sigh) it… It just is so… goood :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Like e-verify and other methods such as punishing employers with stiff financial penalties for employing illegals. Visa over stays also needs to change where one overstays their Visa they automatically become disqualified from entering the country, are fined or are disqualified for applying for a PR. The Wall or barrier fence with state of the art technology would be enough to catch illegals and the ones who do manage to get through will get caught due to having a border wall that gives Border patrol enough time to respond to the illegal entry that may get detected by surveillance tech.

1 Like