Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

Is he a terrorist? You were the one who mentioned terrorism as a reason to close the border.

Nice of you to cherry pick my statement! I said both terrorists and illegals! Are you that dense? Both terrorists and illegal migrants committing murders are entering the country illegally what is so hard in understanding that?

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t know.

I think he is letting Nancy and Chuck stew. People are going to start screaming and they damn well aren’t going to look to Trump for any sympathy or resolve.

The longer Nancy and the Dems dig in the more callus they are going to look. Afterall, it is AMERICANS who will be screaming that they can’t pay their mortgage or put food on the table. And for what? So the dems can look good to illegals?

I don’t think that is going to fly for much longer.

1 Like

The topic is the SOUTHERN BORDER, not sea ports, airport and the northern border.

Trade would be affected. He cannot block US Citizens from re-entering the United States. A California Judge ruled that he cannot limit the access of asylum seekers.

But you knew that before you even posed the question.

1 Like

I know what the the topic is. I mentioned those other means of entry because those are also ways that illegals enter the US. If the premise of the “close the border” argument is to prevent illegal immigrants, then why wouldn’t it be beneficial to stop ALL entry?

We are not China, Russia, Japan or any other country.

Our border is a mess because we have laws but the laws are NOT being enforced.

How is this Chuck and Nancy’s fault? Why would they be worried? Polls are in their favor in every way. Reality is also in their favor.

We need better border security, they would just rather use 50 billion for other border security initiatives.

You mean the drugs, illegals and criminals doesn’t attract the attention 911 did.

Tell the people who have lost loved ones or are the victims of a crime that could have been prevented that there isn’t a crisis.

How dare you minimize the tragedy’s and the lives forever altered by saying there is no crisis. Each and every loss of life could have been prevented if we had secure borders.

Our military leaves no man behind. They are stand up and honorable. Our politicians who are obstructing border security couldn’t give a rats ass about any American citizen. Witness Nancy Pelosi who couldn’t be bothered to come out of her office to meet with Angle Moms.

1 Like

How can you detain a terrorist at the southern border if no one knows they entered the country? That skews your stats a bit.

Like saying 99.9% of the criminals convicted of a crime are criminals.

Okay, Nostradamus. If you say so :roll_eyes:

No matter how hard you try, you can’t manufacture a crisis out of this. Illegal immigration is down significantly over the last 10 years. The borders are more secure than ever before.

No matter how hard we work, illegal immigrants will enter or stay in the country.

Now before you clutch pearls… just because I said that, doesn’t make it insignificant. There is still more work to be done. But there is no crisis. What is the bar for a “crisis” anyway? Seems to be a made up bar.

I think more work needs to be done. I think it’s worth repeating. But you can’t make this out as me being insensitive. I just don’t agree that a wall is the end all be all. I also don’t believe that anything that has been proposed will stop illegals from entering or overstaying their visas.

Only when you are on the receiving end of being murdered. Or is that just not significant enough considering it could have been prevented with solid border security.

Hey Nancy ! Is that you?

Then start a thread on it.

You are talking about an unknown. We don’t know how many (if any) terrorist crossed the borders illegally. Again what has been proposed that will stop that or even slow it down?

I am talking about what we know. We know most suspected terrorists are detained at airports… with the border detaining 6 suspected terrorist in the last year.

What has been proposed that would have stopped that murder?

Why? This thread is perfect for this.

What would be the primary reason for shutting down the border?

And they are dumber than a box of rocks.

Polls and what is considered “reality” shifts like the wind. I’m sure many open border supporters will change their tune if it means getting a paycheck.

They are dumb because they want better border security but don’t want to spend it on a wall?

So is this argument about simply fulfilling a campaign promise or about better border security?

You may NOT tell me what I deem or do not deem to be a crisis.

Did I SAY a wall was the end all to be all or did I say BORDER SECURITY?