Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

Maybe, but the Army Corps of Engineers can easily erect a barrier and secure the border in no time. Why this hasn’t been done is beyond me at this point. From my understanding as well, a lot has been done already such as putting in place Concertine wire and aiding with medic services and erecting facilities to house the asylum seekers.

1 Like

Military. That is the only way to insure no nonsense or judiciary mud.

Trump needs to close the border and call on the governors of each state to mobilize the national guard to augment deportation forces. The governors who refuse to comply lose all federal funding. This keeps the guard on state active duty and doesn’t violate posse comitatus.

3 Likes

Money motivates foreigners , so stop ALL aid to Countries sending turds to our Country !

Well who is benefiting the most from keeping the border exactly as it is at the moment? Follow the money. As usual.

1 Like

I just wrote about this in another thread titled “Illegal immigration-Its about Power”. The COC Tom Donahue and way of NAFTA created this mess. It has always been about money!

1 Like

Chamber of commerce on the “right”, DNC on the left. The left denies its for votes, saying illegals can’t vote, which is true, but they pop out kids who can vote in a relatively short 18 years. And those kids aren’t going to vote for the party who has a majority of members who want their parents deported.

1 Like

Right and the President isn’t a dictator. He can do certain things, but there is a lot he can’t do without Congress. He knows this. And here we are.

And the average dope on the left is buying the “they controlled congress for two years, if they really wanted the wall why didn’t they fund it then”, as if they have suddenly developed amnesia when it comes to Senate filibusters.

4 Likes

How do you just close the southern border but not sea ports, airports and the northern border?

Let’s say he is able to just close the southern border… wouldn’t that stop all trade that is conducted through ports of entry?

What happens to US citizens, who live in Tijuana? They just don’t get to come back?

Well if the military is conducting operations then some aspects of entry will be by permit only such as US passport holders. As far as trade, that is something the Military can also supervise as well, but as far as the actual details I am not sure, but obviously what you are pointing out does raise some legitimate questions that almost would be a logistic nightmare to some!

1 Like

Closing the border could be an interesting test of emergency preparedness.

If you cannot close a border, or parts of a border, do you have a border?

I know of no other nation that cannot close a border.

:children_crossing:

2 Likes

Totally agree and you make a good point! This needs to happen like yesterday! Do you think China would tolerate unfettered migration? Or Russia, or for that matter Japan? I seriously doubt it. I would list European countries with the exception of Poland, Hungary Czec Republic but you already know that story, which makes this issue rather absurd on face value alone!

It’s not a discussion about whether or not we can operationally close a border. We can.

It’s about the far reaching impact of doing such a thing that is my issue. Simply put, there isn’t a crisis big enough to warrant shutting down our borders.

Hell international air travel, after 9/11 hit, resumed days later (I think the next day). Nothing going on at our southern border reaches the level of 9/11.

1 Like

It does if you are also allowing terrorist into the country! How many more American citizens have to die at the hands of illegals that will convince you otherwise? Sorry but that way of thinking is long sailed long ago.

2 Likes

The situation at the Mexican border is untenable and we don’t want to act AFTER a 911 type event!

:children_crossing:

1 Like

Where do you think we detain 99.9% of our suspected terrorists? Is it at the border or at the airport?

I was only using that example to point to a situation where we shutdown all air travel for due to an emergency or crisis.

Another 9/11 type event will happen by people already in our country, with legal papers or citizenship.

Correction: with forged “legal” papers.

1 Like

Here maybe you simply didn’t get the memo! Want to try again?

1 Like