Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

I did not say he was in immediate danger of deportation, I said he lives under the constant threat of deportation, which is stayed merely by a bureaucratic decision that could be rescinded at any time.

And as far as I know, the media knows nothing about it. He is keeping a low profile. Media attention is the last thing he wants. He doesn’t want to piss off the bureaucrats.

His family is not squatting. They have legal refugee status.

Would you fix the quote attribution accompanying that please. You quoted yourself, but attributed it to me.

When you resort to tactics like this all you’ve accomplished is to show you have no facts to offer.

You did accidentally get one thing correct though, the average age of those who applied for DACA protection is 24, 2/3 are 25 or younger.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/25/key-facts-about-unauthorized-immigrants-enrolled-in-daca/

To be eligible at all they had to prove they were brought to the US at age 16 or under and had been at the time in the US for at least five years or more.

That would mean that all of those eligible when the EO was written would have had at least 5-7 years of schooling in the US.

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca#guidelines

There is nothing of any value gained in making false claims abut the DACA recipients and a whole lot to be lost by being dishonest in doing so as it simply builds more sympathy for them in the public eye.

The public on the whole detests bullying and dishonest demonetization of any perceived “victim”.

It isn’t that hard to be honest and fair in our criticisms and doing so gives us a much stronger position to argue from.

25pelosi

1 Like

Im disappointed in Trump for caving in to Pelosi

Until that Wall is built, I will not support Trump going forward

1 Like

I am too, but let’s see how this plays out come Feb 15! Remember Tax season is Also coming soon! Get ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnDVxgknY4

1 Like

I have a sneaking suspicion he did not cave. He did what he had to do to get people paid. Also he now gets to flip ownership of another shut down on the Democrats.

We shall see.

1 Like

That is the way I see it too! If Democrats can’t do their jobs but instead choose to keep pursuing this impeachment BS then to solve actual problems then this entire thing is going to blow up in their face!

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. They have plenty of followers.

But, if they keep playing with national security and people’s livelihoods it may be another story.

A friend a mine told me something interesting that Trump decided to end it temporary because of super bowl sunday, as in people would be delayed somehow or they could cancel it and America would not forgive Trump if it was cancelled ( the Super bowl) and right after the superbowl he will play hardball with the Democrats and shut down the government and enact the Emergency protocol.

I dont know if I believe it but it was an interesting theory

1 Like

The libs started a thread on it here…:wink:

Trump does not seem like the type to me to put border security secondary to the Super Bowl. If he did, that is beyond disappointing.

It was ended because Trump and repugs weren’t as heartless as democrats are.

2 Likes

True, and also he wants to get this done, but he also has McConell and Asshat Romney and their Koch Brother decepticon club working against him! Watch and see how NAFTA is dealt with in terms of getting approved for the new negotiatiated USMC! I wonder why we are hearing an uptick on impeachment talk?

1 Like

All your demonstrating is your own bias and your position is a non starter with an overwhelming majority of the country.

You claim I’m not looking at who “they really are” yet you quote statistics for all immigrants and attribute them directly to the DACA kids with absolutely no basis in fact for doing so.

I on the other hand carefully laid out the differences starting with the age of eligibility and the fact that those eligible would have had to have at least 6-8 years of education in the us for those whom are eligible.

No matter what happens there is no scenario by which all of them will be deported so let’s start working within a factual, realistic framework in discussing how they should be dealt with.

I’m perfectly fine with narrowing the eligibility even further but what it is currently is what we have to work with.

The reason behind the “uptick” is obvious, Pelousi has control of The House.

They ran on impeaching him and are following through on their campaign promises.

That’s pretty ridiculous. The Superbowl would not be canceled for any reason short of invasion or nuclear war other than perhaps a widespread outbreak of terrorist incidents in the host city in which case it would be moved at the last minute.

I’m trying to figure out how non-essential government workers are integral to the Super Bowl happening or not.

Since I have seen this pop up in pretty much every lib thread and pretty much the same story being given, I’m pretty sure that’s a bullshit narrative being driven by the left.

1 Like

The NFL was created by Gamblers for Gamblers!