Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

The study doesn’t address DACA or TPS eligible people nor does it provide any information as to how long any of those tested have been in the US, attended US schools etc.

It doesn’t even tell us who, how many, or under what conditions the test was given.

It’s far to broad and non specific to claim it reflects the literacy status of those being discussed here.

No you can’t accept the idea that I think differently than you and am not entitled to accept or agree with all of your views, get over yourself! Also making presumptions about my statement based on emotions does little to validate your point of view! Again I reiterate you don’t know what is going to happen or what the next move will be in regards to this latest development, regardless of the polls, you may have studied it, but I am a Westpoint graduate who has worked in DC under the state department, so I think I know what I am talking about! But go ahead with your assumptions about me it makes no difference to me what you think except you just have an opinion which isn’t any more valid than any other opinion on this thread!

Fix it how? It’s been more than ten years since he found out he is an illegal (in spite of his parent’s refugee status) and Immigation is still “working” on it. All he has is a promise from them that he won’t be deported in the mean time, but technically and legally he could be apprehended and deported tomorrow.

Remember, we are talking about the Federal Government. Logic and common sense need not apply.

That’s why I am basically a libertarian. Justice and morality should prevail over the law.

It already happened to a US Citizen who served in Afghanistan!

https://www.nwpb.org/2019/01/17/hes-a-u-s-citizen-and-marine-veteran-who-served-in-afghanistan-ice-tried-to-deport-him/

1 Like

“There he goes again… .”.

How is it justice or moral to treat illegal aliens better than American citizens?

It was a mistake, he wasn’t deported.

Most likely he’s a victim of Identity theft in that an illegal with the same or similar name has been using false documents based on his identity.

As long as we have over 10 million illegals in the country such mistakes are going to occur as they are unavoidable.

If your parents robbed a bank, you would not be put in jail even if they gave you the money unless you knew it was stolen. How is a six year-old kid supposed to know about immigration rules?

Yes his parents screwed up, but that did not constitute a crime, they simply failed to submit paperwork (more than ten years after they were awarded legal refugee status) on their son when he reached 18. They were not punished for that oversight, yet he could be returned to the very county that they escaped from that qualified them for refugee status. Does that sound rational to you.

Has nothing to do with a six year old, was he six when they deported him? Or was he an adult? Again, ignorance of the law is no excuse, try telling the IRS you didn’t know you violated a tax law and see if they let you off the hook as an American citizen.

Obviously, somebody screwed up, and it wasn’t the Marine.

The whole thing sounds like a load of crap from someone at INS with an ax to grind.

I seriously suspect some of them look specifically for these types of cases to push to embarrass the administration and promote personal political agendas.

Oh and deportation isn’t a criminal penalty. It’s not a penalty to lose something you don’t have any right to.

Unsubstantiated and unspecified generalizations don’t make for intelligent discussion.

He wasn’t “illegal” until he turned 18 and thus was no longer covered by his parent’s refugee status. And again, the violation (which was not a crime) was not his, it was his parents who were responsible for submitting the paperwork not him.

And he has not been deported, but he has been living with the threat of deportation since he was “found out” about 10-11 years ago with nothing but a verbal promise by a bureaucrat separating him from a one way ticket to Venezuela. As I say, that is neither just nor moral.

No. As others here have pointed out … it’s the law.

And Bush was President when he was first contacted by INS. I don’t think embarrassing Trump has anything to do with it

If he hasn’t been deported in the subsequent decade plus but now he is suddenly endanger of same I’d be willing to be that’s exactly what is happening.

These are the kinds of “tragic cases” the media loves to use to show how cruel and unfair ICE is under this administration and as the justification for dissolving it along with promoting “comprehensive immigration reform” which boils down to nothing but a blanket amnesty for all illegals.

So, if a family illegally squats in my home, it is only right and just to give it to their child when he comes of age?

You’re so correct both are unsubstantiated, both generalizations.

I just saw this topic pop up again with new posts.

Despite the new post and all that has been said, the question remains. “Should President Trump Close the Southern Border”

The answer is yes. Because that is what the American people voted for him to do if the democrats will not fund border security, a key component of which is a wall.

They can play games, one upmanship, finger pointing, polls, etc. The bottom line is border security, an end to chain migration and a plug in the drain on our financial resources is what the people have demanded.

Trump needs to give it all he’s got. He has not been defeated by ending the shut down by long shot. You think the Coast Guard doesn’t know it was the democrats who voted to keep them from getting paid?

While Schumer thinks he put Trump in his place, Schumer is about to find out what his place is. Three weeks, folks. The hammer will come down.

At that point, we get to separate the chaff from the wheat.

A comment on chaff and wheat.
Chaff is a weed. You cannot tell it apart from wheat until the maturity of both. An opponent could seed chaff in a wheat field causing the destruction of an entire crop of wheat ruining the farmer. So prevalent was this tactic, that Rome made it a crime to do so.

The American people represent wheat. The weeds (chaff) will out themselves.

Hopefully, if Trump declares a National Emergency, the chaff from wheat will be separated by the Supreme Court.

1 Like