Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

Only if we allow it to happen in the legislation passed to grant them permanent legal status.

I would be very pro DACA but with strict limitations.

No criminal record period.

Each of them is given a bill for the taxpayer funded benefits they have enjoyed as illegals from ER care to public education of 5k per year up to 10 years. This must be paid in full before they would even be eligible to apply for citizenship, until then they would just be legal resident aliens.

After the 10 years during which they are on probation, no criminal offenses etc, 7 more years after application before citizenship can be granted.

No chain migration rights whatsoever to those legalized under the program and if the parents who came here illegally are still present, theyā€™d have to be deported and permanently barred from reentry.

1 Like

Well well here we go! So lest say you? Is this good or is there reason to be skeptical?

The condition is a three week window for Democrats to make a deal in order to fund the border wall. Sarah Sanders said:

Just remember who these people are as they seem to want to take a victory lap around the White House! Lets see if they fall for the Trap that Trump has set!

1 Like

Donā€™t we have to pass the bill before reading it?

And you cry ā€œlight on substanceā€

Hahahahahagaga

Public education costs taxpayers on average of 15K a year, 5K is a deal.

Unfortunately it is probably the prelude to a complete surrender by Trump.

Oh, no doubt. The average for illegals is around 15-20k per year in taxpayer benefits but 90% of them could never even pay off the 50k in ten years.

The interesting thing is 46% of DACA people cannot speak English well.

25% do not speak English at all.

And these are the people functional illiterates that the left want to stay in the country

What is even more frightening is the fact a lot of the migrants applying for asylum who do make it into the country will be displaced eventually due to AI and the lack of skill they possess. In England currently I was reading that 90% of the refugees taken in from muslim countries are still living on some form of government assistance. Trump is right about wanting to import the best people who have skills and are willing to assimilate. The biggest problem I have with liberals in general is that their arguement is that we Citizens must assimilate to their ways in order to be tolerant. What a bunch of crap!

You donā€™t know that! Lets see how this plays out! As the saying goes ā€œthe devil is in the detailsā€ if some kind of deal is made before February 15th, otherwise I do expect Trump to follow through on his promise of shutting it down if democrats once again break their promise. Clearly the onus is now on the Democrats to get something done! If they fail then the optics will be much worse for Nancy and Chuckie!

Iā€™ve seen those figures quoted repeatedly but I doubt they have any basis in fact.

No one should be even granted legal status much less citizenship other than legit refugees and asylees that cannot demonstrate at least an 8th grade English proficiency.

Did you even read that before responding?

Unfortunately it is probably the prelude to a complete surrender by Trump.

That is by definition supposition on my part rather than a statement of hard fact.

Again you are letting your bias lead you in your thinking.

Trump had a golden opportunity for a win here if heā€™d done as I suggested, instead he completely blew it and gave Pelosi the win on the shutdown.

You canā€™t roll back time and start over and whatever political will he had behind him heā€™s now given up with the surrender.

There isnā€™t enough support in either house now to get the wall funded so all heā€™s left with is declaring an emergency and doing it by executive order which will be immediately slapped down in the lower courts and appeals courts which will hand him two more flops.

Heā€™s giving the democrats all the momentum they need for a sweep in 2020 due to his political ineptness.

It doesnā€™t matter how right he is on issues we support if he canā€™t persuade the rest of the country to unify behind those policies.

Yes. Try telling your hard luck story to a judge as an American citizen and see if he cares if your crime wasnā€™t your fault. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If my parents robbed a bank, I donā€™t get to keep the money because I was a minor when they gave it to me. If my parents give me a stolen car, it doesnā€™t become my car because I was a minor when they gave it to me.

Illegal immigration costs the U.S. $135 billion per year. FAIR estimated that 12.5 million illegal immigrants, as well as their 4.2 million U.S. citizen children, cost the federal government almost $46 billion and cost about $89 billion at the state and local levels annually.

And the left bitches about 5.7 billion to begin building a structure to keep them out.

Yale Professor: ā€˜22.8 Million Undocumentedā€™ Aliens Live in Americaā€”Double Official Estimates

And there are probably between 30-40 million illegals. Do the math for the cost.

https://www.isye.gatech.edu/news-events/events/calendar/day/7740

Oh and if you really want to be compassionate, whatā€™s wrong with permanent green card status instead of citizenship? Not being able to vote seems like a pretty minor price to pay for violating the laws of the country you wish to be part of.

How am I leading my bias into my thinking? I donā€™t agree with your assessment that is all, and you are simply speculating as is everyone else is on this current development. Lets see how this plays out to see if your analysis is correct! Huh? Ok? Stop trying to interpreted it for me.

I already know this, my argument is not about the numbers but the quality of people being imported into the country that eventually will become displaced due to lack of skills and education that they possess in the advent of emerging technology going to automation. Amazon is one such example who is Americaā€™s biggest employer, along with these illegals, think about how many citizens are also going to be displaced and that leads to a much bigger crisis than we already have!

The average person crossing the US border today has a 10th grade education.

No there will be little for them in 10 years and the US taxpayer will have to support them if they are not deported.

Your emotional reaction shows it.

You donā€™t know that!

Iā€™ve been paying close attention to politics in this country for over 40 years and studying the subject for even longer.

You canā€™t even accept that polls drive politics, policy, political donations, or campaigns.

I must have missed it ā€¦