Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

And yes, I know it would be difficult and we’d take a lot of flak, what’s the alternative? Losing the country to central and South America without ever firing a shot.

1 Like

I find the alternative unacceptable! If we wait until the politicians to do something particularly the Demorats then we already lost!

Hate to break it to you but we have already lost. Conservative voters are concentrated in the upper age brackets, it’s only a matter of time. That’s what happens when you allow progressives to gain a virtual monopoly on the media and the schools.

1 Like

Well if that is the case then Trump should go full scorched Earth and unredact the classified FISA and other things pertaining to the obstruction and blatant law breaking by Obama and his minions! Reveal everything to the public!

1 Like

I find it very hard to believe there is anything there and he’s sitting on it because why?

1 Like

The problem with the amnesty is chain migration will reward all the family members with citizenship.

Which will motivate millions more to sneak across with their anchor babies.

1 Like

It’s easy as the people who are here seeking asylum or here illegally call home and tell them it is easy to get into the US and claim asylum he’s what you do. They give you a court dat years from now and you disappear into the US.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, where should a Dreamer who as brought to this country illegally from Mexico or Venezuela or Honduras or Guatemala when they were 4 or 5 be deported to?

I know a young man who’s family fled Venezuela through Mexico and after a 2 years journey, made their way up here to Alaska when he was about 6. They managed somehow to obtain legal refugee status, but because they failed to change his status with Immigration from dependent to adult when he reached 18, he is now considered an illegal resident. Should he be sent back to Venezuela?

Fully a quarter of illegals who are eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program can’t speak English at all — 46 percent can only speak it a little.

That’s according to a 2016 study from the Center for Immigration Studies,

The average age of DACA people, note say people is 26 years old.

About 24 percent of illegal aliens who are eligible for DACA overstate their English proficiency skills and are ‘below basic’ or ‘functionally illiterate.’ Some would say lie.

Looks like many could be deported to their home countries as they have refused to assimilate into the US.

When we know people as individuals, it is very difficult to not have sympathy for their situation.

All the poor guy has ever know is Alaska, the ways of Alaska and the people, family and friends he has roots with. It is one hell of a horrible situation he has been placed in through no fault of his own.

Someone has to put their foot down on illegal residents for the overall good of the country today and to curb illegal immigration in the future. Unfortunately, a lot of good people will get caught up in that net.

I do think a common sense program for folks like this should exist. Something along the lines of reviewing their history for criminal activity and such. If they are a drain on our society (no employment history government subsidized or criminal record) then they DO need to be deported.

If they’ve shown themselves to be productive and follow the law, then make application so they can be granted citizenship.

The point is to get rid of the dead weight and bring givers to society, not takers.

1 Like

It may be the law, but it that moral? Is that justice?

We can also ask the converse.

I also think I laid out a moral and just solution.

Leverage! He likes to use leverage! And maybe he fears for the safety of his family. Remember the Kennedy’s?

I can agree with pretty much all of this. As far as I’m concerned though this would have to be tied to an end to chain migration and a secure border, including the physical barriers as prerequisites.

It would also require the deportation of the parents who brought them here illegally in the first place absent a provable case for asylum or refugee status.

2 Likes

In his case the fault lies entirely with the parents and his issue is purely administrative the way you describe it. Nobrainer as far as I’m concerned, fix it and move on.

Has nothing to do with moral or justice.

We are either a nation of laws or not.

Everyone should be treated equally under the law.

2 Likes

There in lis the problem with amnesty/citizenship for DACA people. Give them citizenship and the parents become citizens shortly after.

Give an inch take a mile!

1 Like

That’s the way democrats work.

Compromise to a democrat:
Give me what I want and you get nothing as we saw today.