Should President Trump Close the Southern Border?

Make your case? I don’t even know what the hell you think you’re talking about. :roll_eyes:

Is there a difference between a president that writes an EO for DACA and a president that writes an EO ending DACA?

LOL How appropriate. :smile:

Which is lawful? An EO instituting a new “law” that didn’t go through Congress or an EO removing a new “law” that didn’t go through Congress? Hmm…

DACA began with an EO that was in contravention of existing law.

What an “EO reminding DACA” means I can’t even begin to guess.

Trump is in a constitutional box on DACA though because of court rulings against his EO to end it claiming that the original Obama EO establishing it can only be overturned with an act of congress which is of course complete partisan BS.

The Plenary power over immigration belongs to congress to begin with and his EO violated the separation of powers.

1 Like

It remains as an executive order not a law. The judge ruling against removal insinuated it was law.
It remains an active EO.

If it’s an EO, EO’s can be cancelled by another president with out the permission of congress.

2 Likes

Sure. So in addition to Obama acting lawlessly by instituting this “law” via EO, the judge also acted lawlessly in declaring that Trump’s EO could not remove it. Glad we could agree.

DACA isn’t a law but an executive order. And yes you are correct, the judge allowed the executive order to stand.

1 Like

I know. And yet, Obama and this judge were both calling it a law.

1 Like

I get that a lot.

Watch, and know that I am not concerned with you learning.

:rofl:

1 Like

Pelosi rejects yet again another proposal by Trump.

https://mynews4.com/news/nation-world/pelosi-rejects-big-down-payment-for-trump-wall

Trump could be preparing to declare a national emergency, although doing so invites litany of Lawsuits and legal injunctions, but at this point what other options does he have? Link to this below

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-1/breaking-white-house-preparing-national-emergency-proclamation-including-7-billion-for-the-great-wall/

Now watch the snow flakes crying!
https://twitter.com/search?q=%247%20billion%20wall%20emergency&src=typd

1 Like

I honestly hope they keep it up and Trump is smart enough to put it all in their laps.

The democratic leadership proves more and more each day that they are willing to burn the whole country down in opposition to Trump and to sell Americans out to foreign interests to build a permanent majority on the votes of illegals and children of same.

1 Like

The debate rages on with crocodile tears! Mere theatrics but Cruz is on point!

Cruz’s response

2 Likes

Dreamer for 25 billion in border Wall Funding! Kushner pushes the idea to be proposed!

How about you? Do you think its OK to reward people who have broken the law to get a pass in order to fund the wall?

https://twitter.com/TheDailyBail/status/1088661443686338560

https://www.reuters.tv/v/PXwJ/2019/01/25/u-s-to-start-returning-asylum-seekers-to-mexico

This is brilliant! A offer Trump can not refuse!

https://twitter.com/MamaReg2/status/1088549324668235778

2 Likes

You just wait to deport them until the border is secure.

Deporting them without first doing so is pointless anyhow since most if not all would simply come back.

The proposed bill didn’t offer them amnesty anyhow, just a 3 year deferral.

1 Like

Excellent. They’ll even work cheaper than Mexicans.

1 Like

You are right, but its a start! At least they are trying to come up with solutions! I am assuming about 25 million for Dreamers you are referring to? Or the MPP of returning Asylum seekers?

Here’s my take on this whole mess and I admit I could be wrong in any or all of my major premises.

Trump didn’t get where he is by being rash or stupid, or by forgetting whose side he’s on. This is a man who has avenged every insult he’s ever gotten. I find it impossible to believe he’s half as weak-willed and soft as he’s making out.

He is also more aware of the sentiment in this country – in his own base – than most politicians. He rose on the white middle and working class, after all, and he knows we hate illegals. Hell, he’s seen what happened to New York in his own lifetime. His ex-wife said he used to keep a book of Hitler’s speeches by the bed and read them over and over. Whatever Trump is, he’s not an open-borders ■■■■

So, why the belly? Why act soft? I see two possibilities:

1. Trump thinks he has a weak hand. The mid-term losses fucked him up, and now he mistakenly believes his position is weak. This adequately explains all the compromise offers and attempts to walk back from the limb he’s sitting on. It does NOT explain why he got into this mess AFTER the mid-terms, which is when he put his back up to fight. It is also not consistent with what we know about his character. If there’s one consistent theme in the man’s life, it’s that he fucking hates to lose. I can’t believe he’s defeated himself and genuinely believes Nancy Pelosi, of all people, has gotten the better of him in public.

Okay, so that leaves unanswered questions. There’s also:

1. Optics. He knows his base won’t walk to the AOC or Clinton wings of the Democrats, so he can leave that plate to spin on its own for a bit. He also knows enough NPC-Americans voted Dem to fuck up the mid-terms. So he needs them. Specifically, he needs the attempt to pin this shutdown on him to fail, and to do that he needs to be the voice of reason multiple times until it sinks in that the Democrats he’s up against don’t give a shit about the country. By offering compromises that will re-open the government right now, but which leave border security as an eventual priority, he’s essentially inviting the Democrats to announce they just want unlimited shitskin immigration, which half of them are saying right now anyway.

Take this for what it’s worth. If scenario 2 is correct, I’m not even sure it will work. He’s an enemy of the world’s biggest propaganda machine, after all. But I don’t accept treason as an explanation, and I honestly can’t accept that he thinks he’s beaten.

1 Like

I will take option 2 as I do not in a million years think he is thinking he is beaten by Nancy. Trump is surrounded by enemies thus he thrives in this environment and his inner circle are some of the most brilliant men serving, so that is encouraging. Also Trump is a master at Machiavellian politics as he learned from many years as being a CEO and being in the media spotlight for most of his adult life, so I am pretty certain when this shakes out he will end up on top of this whole mess going into the 2020 election. All democrats and the deep state are doing at this point is trying to run out the clock on many issues such as the DOJ and FBI and Hillary and Obozo scandal. The laundry is going to come out eventually! Just wait for it!